• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm getting the following error on the admin beginner trail; create and share a dashboard in the reports and dashboards module: There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: HCOAKAFC. Error: Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist.

I went through other posts that reported the same error and most reference the presence of a namespace. I'm using a new org with no namespace registered so am not sure what the cause is. I'm wondering if it's related to the fact that I can't access the chatter tab in this org. I keep getting a data access error to the reocrds I'm trying to merge every time I click on the chatter tab. 

I am working on Metadata API to develop Webservices for Custom Object management.

Here is part of  the code, which accepts a  string of object name and gets all the fileds. The line-2 of the code is not working.

So I had to get all the objects in Schema, looping through them and get matching object type of what I require.

But is there an efficient way of doing the same? Please help me.

==================

String sObjectName='MyCustomObject__c';

//Schema.SObjectType targetType = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get(sObjectName); //This is returning null

List<Schema.SObjectType> gd = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().Values();

Schema.SObjectType objToken;

for(Schema.SObjectType obj: gd){        

if(Obj.getDescribe().getName().toLowerCase()==sObjectName.toLowerCase()){   

objToken=obj;            

break;           

}

}

Schema.DescribeSObjectResult typedescription = objToken.getDescribe();

//...Now I can continue working with my object  field changes