• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I am trying to filter a lookup field (from an Account to an Account) to only show records that have the same state code. I can't access any of the address fields on the parent record, however I can access them from the child record. The same goes for the name field, which was my backup option.

Does anyone know why this is, and if there are any workarounds?

For the replace option on the picklist field, the new value I'm changing to has some automation that would normally run. If I replace the value, then I don't want that automation to run. Do I have to disable it first, or do Apex Triggers/Flows not run when the replace option is chosen?

I am attempting to deply a change set containing a community from one Sandbox to another. Per the document listed below, the community was created on the second sandbox, and given the same name and template type. When the change set was pushed, the following error was received.

"Sorry, this URL is already taken."

In order to resolve this, the URL for the community on the second sandbox was changed. The error persisted. The URL extension on the original sandbox community was changed as well, to no avail. 

Does anyone know what URL is being referred to?

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_migrate_changesets.htm&type=5

When the new Critical Update is activated in our Sandbox organization, we get the following error on every non-managed visualforce page:

<DomainName>--c.visualforce.com's server IP address could not be found.

We left it overnight in case it was an issue with the DNS not being updated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Deactivating the update restores all functionality. Does something else need to be updated in order to get our non-managed pages working?

Thank you.

I opened up a new integration in Postman to try and test it, and ran into the following error:
<h1>Bad Message 400</h1>
<pre>reason: Bad HostPort</pre>
I received the same error when I went to an existing integration that had been working last I tested it, and across several environments. My guess would be this is an issue with Postman not using a supported encryption protocol since SSL and TLS 1.0 are now disabled, but could anyone confirm this, or suggest a way to test if it is the issue?
A long working Test Class of mine is now failing in production due to too many SOQL calls on the second to last call. I tried adding in test.start() and test.stop() functions, which should have reduced the number of calls by 22, but it still fails at what appears to be the exact same place when I try and push the test class. I can't even work on anything else until this resolves, as it causes everything I try to push to fail. Does anyone have any clue what might be happening?
Hello,

I am trying to use the ContentDistribution object to be able to generate links through Apex code. However, any time I try to use the object like this:
ContentDistribution cd = new ContentDistribution();
I get an 'This entity is not org-accessible' error. Is there a reason I can't create this object?

Thank you

I am looking for a way to fill out PDF forms programatically (and for free, so not Conga). We have a way to fill out DOCX forms, so either we need a way to convert DOCX to PDF client side, or a way to merge data into a PDF. This needs to be accomplished with a single click from the user, and uploaded directly to a file sharing site without any further user intervention. The program also needs to be Win10 compatible, so ActiveX is not a viable solution. It also should function without any preexisting custom code on the computer at hand, although it can be assumed that Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word will be available on the computer.  I also need to be able to take in an arbitrary PDF document or Word document as the input, which prevents the use of the renderas feature as being a solution. 

I am capable of writing custom code for this, however as far as I know, there is no PDF library for Javascript (excluding Node.IO) or Apex. I already have functioning code that edits the text in the DOCX, I would just need to convert it to PDF clientside somehow.

For the replace option on the picklist field, the new value I'm changing to has some automation that would normally run. If I replace the value, then I don't want that automation to run. Do I have to disable it first, or do Apex Triggers/Flows not run when the replace option is chosen?

I am attempting to deply a change set containing a community from one Sandbox to another. Per the document listed below, the community was created on the second sandbox, and given the same name and template type. When the change set was pushed, the following error was received.

"Sorry, this URL is already taken."

In order to resolve this, the URL for the community on the second sandbox was changed. The error persisted. The URL extension on the original sandbox community was changed as well, to no avail. 

Does anyone know what URL is being referred to?

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_migrate_changesets.htm&type=5

When the new Critical Update is activated in our Sandbox organization, we get the following error on every non-managed visualforce page:

<DomainName>--c.visualforce.com's server IP address could not be found.

We left it overnight in case it was an issue with the DNS not being updated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Deactivating the update restores all functionality. Does something else need to be updated in order to get our non-managed pages working?

Thank you.

I opened up a new integration in Postman to try and test it, and ran into the following error:
<h1>Bad Message 400</h1>
<pre>reason: Bad HostPort</pre>
I received the same error when I went to an existing integration that had been working last I tested it, and across several environments. My guess would be this is an issue with Postman not using a supported encryption protocol since SSL and TLS 1.0 are now disabled, but could anyone confirm this, or suggest a way to test if it is the issue?
I am looking for a way to fill out PDF forms programatically (and for free, so not Conga). We have a way to fill out DOCX forms, so either we need a way to convert DOCX to PDF client side, or a way to merge data into a PDF. This needs to be accomplished with a single click from the user, and uploaded directly to a file sharing site without any further user intervention. The program also needs to be Win10 compatible, so ActiveX is not a viable solution. It also should function without any preexisting custom code on the computer at hand, although it can be assumed that Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word will be available on the computer.  I also need to be able to take in an arbitrary PDF document or Word document as the input, which prevents the use of the renderas feature as being a solution. 

I am capable of writing custom code for this, however as far as I know, there is no PDF library for Javascript (excluding Node.IO) or Apex. I already have functioning code that edits the text in the DOCX, I would just need to convert it to PDF clientside somehow.