• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an issue with creating tests for a class that calculates a number and stores it i my salesforce database.  I have a cstom object called "Application," which is related to a Contact object.  I created a custom field in the Application object that will store the numberical value of a students for finacial aid purposes.  I created an apex class to update the value of this number, and I am using that class through an after update trigger on the Application object.  The API name for the Application object is EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c.  Here is the error that I'm getting:
System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0Bo00000047ZJSEA2; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ApplicationTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate
caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only
Class.CalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndex: line 67, column 1
Class.CalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndexFromApplication: line 26, column 1
Trigger.ApplicationTrigger: line 14, column 1: []

The stack trace says "Class.TestCalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndexFromApplicationTest: line 12, column 1," which points to the update apps line in the following code.  My Test class is below:
@isTest(SeeAllData=true)
public class TestCalculateFinAidIndex {
    static testMethod void updateIndexFromApplicationTest() {
        List<EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c> apps = new List<EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c>();
        apps.addall([SELECT Financial_Aid_Index__c,EnrollmentrxRx__Applicant__c,EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c,Active_Application__c,Max_ACT_Composite__c,SAT_Superscore__c,EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c,First_Generation__c FROM EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c WHERE EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c = 'Admit' AND Active_Application__c = true LIMIT 10]);
        System.assert(apps != null);
        System.assert(apps.size() > 0);
        for (EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c app : apps) {
            app.Date_Last_Updated_Auto_FinAidIndex__c = Date.today();
        }
        update apps; // this will call the trigger
        for (Integer i = 0; i < apps.size(); i++) {
            System.assert(apps[i].Financial_Aid_Index__c != null);
            System.assert(apps[i].Financial_Aid_Index__c > 0);
        }
    }
}

Here's my code for the class that I need to test:
public class CalculateFinAidIndex {
    public static void updateIndexFromApplication(EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c[] apps) {
            updateIndex(app);
        }
        update apps;
    }

public static void updateIndex(EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c app) {
            if (app.Active_Application__c &&
                ((app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Applied') || (app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Complete') || (app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Admit'))) {
                    Integer finIndex = 0;
                    Double act = app.Max_ACT_Composite__c;
                    Double sat = app.SAT_Superscore__c; // or is it app.EnrollmentrxRx__Total_SAT_Score__c
                    Double gpa = 0; // 25
                    Integer gender = 0; // 10
                    Integer race = 0; // 10
                    Integer legacy = 0; // 10
                    Integer firstGen = 0; // 10
                    Double testValue = 0;
                    if (sat != null) sat = (sat / 2400) * 25; // assuming that the max is 2400
                    else sat = 0;
                    if (act != null) act = (act / 36) * 25; //assuming that the max is 36
                    else act = 0;
                    if (sat > act) testValue = sat;
                    else testValue = act;
                    Contact c = new Contact();//app.EnrollmentrxRx__Applicant__c;
                    if (c.EnrollmentrxRx__Gender__c == 'Male') gender = 10;
                    if (app.EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c != null) {
                        gpa = (app.EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c / 4) * 25;
                        if (gpa > 25) gpa = 25;
                    }
                    if (c.Race__c != 'White') race = 10;
                    if (app.First_Generation__c) firstGen = 10;
                    if (c.Legacy_Relationship__c != null) legacy = 10;
                    finIndex += (Integer)testValue + (Integer)gpa + gender + race + legacy + firstGen;
                    app.Financial_Aid_Index__c = finIndex;
                    System.debug('Logging from UpdateIndex: ' + finIndex);
            }
        }
}

Thank you for your help!
I'm new to APEX/SOQL.  I am building a apex class that contains a method which, when called from a trigger or elsewhere, will update a field in each contact that is passed in a list by argument.  The filed will need to look at numerous objects, some of which have a 1:1 relationship between contacts (like one active application per contact), while others will have a 1:many relationship (like many test scores or educational histories per aplication).  The application object has an api name EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c as you see in the code below.

public static void updateIndex(Contact[] contacts) {
        for (Contact con : contacts) {
            String activeApp = con.Active_Application_SF_ID__c;
            EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c app = [SELECT Name FROM EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c AS a WHERE a.Name = activeApp LIMIT 1];
        }
    }
}

In the Dev Console, I get a compile error "expecting a colon, found 'activeApp'".  Can you offer some quidance for reating this query to select the active Application by referecing it from the field by that name on the Contact object?

Also, my class will need to run to update every Contact that's already been created.  I only need to update Contact records that have not previously been updated.  I'm looking at using a trigger's "after update" and "after insert" to cover new and updated contacts.  Is there a better way to running this update on all contacts to check if they haven't been processed yet?  I guess that would be like a bulk update that calls this function...thatnks for your help!
I have an issue with creating tests for a class that calculates a number and stores it i my salesforce database.  I have a cstom object called "Application," which is related to a Contact object.  I created a custom field in the Application object that will store the numberical value of a students for finacial aid purposes.  I created an apex class to update the value of this number, and I am using that class through an after update trigger on the Application object.  The API name for the Application object is EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c.  Here is the error that I'm getting:
System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0Bo00000047ZJSEA2; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ApplicationTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate
caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only
Class.CalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndex: line 67, column 1
Class.CalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndexFromApplication: line 26, column 1
Trigger.ApplicationTrigger: line 14, column 1: []

The stack trace says "Class.TestCalculateFinAidIndex.updateIndexFromApplicationTest: line 12, column 1," which points to the update apps line in the following code.  My Test class is below:
@isTest(SeeAllData=true)
public class TestCalculateFinAidIndex {
    static testMethod void updateIndexFromApplicationTest() {
        List<EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c> apps = new List<EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c>();
        apps.addall([SELECT Financial_Aid_Index__c,EnrollmentrxRx__Applicant__c,EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c,Active_Application__c,Max_ACT_Composite__c,SAT_Superscore__c,EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c,First_Generation__c FROM EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c WHERE EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c = 'Admit' AND Active_Application__c = true LIMIT 10]);
        System.assert(apps != null);
        System.assert(apps.size() > 0);
            app.Date_Last_Updated_Auto_FinAidIndex__c = Date.today();
        }
        update apps; // this will call the trigger
        for (Integer i = 0; i < apps.size(); i++) {
            System.assert(apps[i].Financial_Aid_Index__c != null);
            System.assert(apps[i].Financial_Aid_Index__c > 0);
        }
    }
}

Here's my code for the class that I need to test:
    public static void updateIndexFromApplication(EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c[] apps) {
            updateIndex(app);
        }
        update apps;
    }

public static void updateIndex(EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c app) {
            if (app.Active_Application__c &&
                ((app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Applied') || (app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Complete') || (app.EnrollmentrxRx__Admissions_Status__c == 'Admit'))) {
                    Integer finIndex = 0;
                    Double act = app.Max_ACT_Composite__c;
                    Double sat = app.SAT_Superscore__c; // or is it app.EnrollmentrxRx__Total_SAT_Score__c
                    Double gpa = 0; // 25
                    Integer gender = 0; // 10
                    Integer race = 0; // 10
                    Integer legacy = 0; // 10
                    Integer firstGen = 0; // 10
                    Double testValue = 0;
                    if (sat != null) sat = (sat / 2400) * 25; // assuming that the max is 2400
                    else sat = 0;
                    if (act != null) act = (act / 36) * 25; //assuming that the max is 36
                    else act = 0;
                    if (sat > act) testValue = sat;
                    else testValue = act;
                    Contact c = new Contact();//app.EnrollmentrxRx__Applicant__c;
                    if (c.EnrollmentrxRx__Gender__c == 'Male') gender = 10;
                    if (app.EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c != null) {
                        gpa = (app.EnrollmentrxRx__GPA__c / 4) * 25;
                        if (gpa > 25) gpa = 25;
                    }
                    if (c.Race__c != 'White') race = 10;
                    if (app.First_Generation__c) firstGen = 10;
                    if (c.Legacy_Relationship__c != null) legacy = 10;
                    finIndex += (Integer)testValue + (Integer)gpa + gender + race + legacy + firstGen;
                    app.Financial_Aid_Index__c = finIndex;
                    System.debug('Logging from UpdateIndex: ' + finIndex);
            }
        }
}

Thank you for your help!
I'm new to APEX/SOQL.  I am building a apex class that contains a method which, when called from a trigger or elsewhere, will update a field in each contact that is passed in a list by argument.  The filed will need to look at numerous objects, some of which have a 1:1 relationship between contacts (like one active application per contact), while others will have a 1:many relationship (like many test scores or educational histories per aplication).  The application object has an api name EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c as you see in the code below.

public static void updateIndex(Contact[] contacts) {
        for (Contact con : contacts) {
            String activeApp = con.Active_Application_SF_ID__c;
            EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c app = [SELECT Name FROM EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c AS a WHERE a.Name = activeApp LIMIT 1];
        }
    }
}

In the Dev Console, I get a compile error "expecting a colon, found 'activeApp'".  Can you offer some quidance for reating this query to select the active Application by referecing it from the field by that name on the Contact object?

Also, my class will need to run to update every Contact that's already been created.  I only need to update Contact records that have not previously been updated.  I'm looking at using a trigger's "after update" and "after insert" to cover new and updated contacts.  Is there a better way to running this update on all contacts to check if they haven't been processed yet?  I guess that would be like a bulk update that calls this function...thatnks for your help!