• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to start using the vs code with the salesforce extensions, but I'm having some trouble trying to make it work. I was following the demo of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXST9yOyQLk&t=347s
But my vs code does not work as it is shown in the video, when I press the ctrl+shit+p and start writing sfdx, it doesn't have the options as it is in the video.
I already downloaded and installed Salesforce CLI in this link:
https://developer.salesforce.com/tools/sfdxcli
I have also installed all Salesforce extensions for vs code, including the "Salesforce CLI integration for Visual Studio Code", but I am not being able to create my project and understand how to use the vs code.
Someone please help me? I really want to start using this IDE, also if someone knows a good video or article about first steps in vs code with salesforce please let me know because I'm also having some trouble to find a good explanation about it's functionalities.

I appreciate any help!
Hi everyone!
I'm studuing for my Platform Developer I exam and came across with a question that got me confused:

Which code block returns the ListView of an Account object using the following debug statement?
system.debug(controller.getListViewOptions());

A. ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 1]);
B. ApexPages.StandardController controller = new ApexPages.StandardController(Database.getQueryLocator('select Id from Account Limit 1'));
C. ApexPages.StandardController controller = new ApexPages StandardController ( [SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 1);
D.ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('select Id from Account Limit 1');

According to the source from where I got this question, the right answer is D. Ok, B and C is obviously wrong because of the StandardController instead of StandardSetController, but then I ran some tests in the anonymous block using these 3 syntaxes:

1)
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([SELECT Id FROM Account]);
2) 
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('SELECT Id FROM Account'));

3)
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller3 = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.query('SELECT Id FROM Account'));

And I found out that all of them work the same way when calling the "system.debug(controller.getListViewOptions());", the debug was exactly the same in all these 3 cases.
So what's the difference between these 3 syntaxes for instantiating a StandardSetController?
Are answers A and D both right or is there really a reason for D to be more correct than A?

I appreciate any help!!
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to start using the vs code with the salesforce extensions, but I'm having some trouble trying to make it work. I was following the demo of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXST9yOyQLk&t=347s
But my vs code does not work as it is shown in the video, when I press the ctrl+shit+p and start writing sfdx, it doesn't have the options as it is in the video.
I already downloaded and installed Salesforce CLI in this link:
https://developer.salesforce.com/tools/sfdxcli
I have also installed all Salesforce extensions for vs code, including the "Salesforce CLI integration for Visual Studio Code", but I am not being able to create my project and understand how to use the vs code.
Someone please help me? I really want to start using this IDE, also if someone knows a good video or article about first steps in vs code with salesforce please let me know because I'm also having some trouble to find a good explanation about it's functionalities.

I appreciate any help!
Hi everyone!
I'm studuing for my Platform Developer I exam and came across with a question that got me confused:

Which code block returns the ListView of an Account object using the following debug statement?
system.debug(controller.getListViewOptions());

A. ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 1]);
B. ApexPages.StandardController controller = new ApexPages.StandardController(Database.getQueryLocator('select Id from Account Limit 1'));
C. ApexPages.StandardController controller = new ApexPages StandardController ( [SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 1);
D.ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('select Id from Account Limit 1');

According to the source from where I got this question, the right answer is D. Ok, B and C is obviously wrong because of the StandardController instead of StandardSetController, but then I ran some tests in the anonymous block using these 3 syntaxes:

1)
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([SELECT Id FROM Account]);
2) 
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('SELECT Id FROM Account'));

3)
ApexPages.StandardSetController controller3 = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.query('SELECT Id FROM Account'));

And I found out that all of them work the same way when calling the "system.debug(controller.getListViewOptions());", the debug was exactly the same in all these 3 cases.
So what's the difference between these 3 syntaxes for instantiating a StandardSetController?
Are answers A and D both right or is there really a reason for D to be more correct than A?

I appreciate any help!!

I have a hunch I'm missing something obvious, but I've finished making a flow, set as start location, saved it to make sure there were no warnings, then clicked "run" and I get:

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

*Note:  I'm using the cloud Flow Designer. I use a mac, so I can't even try the locally run version