• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All

Hope you can offer some help -

We have an internally hosted web page that the user opens and selects a number of options - that page then connects to a data warehouse with Salesforce data in ( updated every 5 minutes ) and the web page builds a text file with the salesforce data and the selections ( its a router config file ).

I need to then have an option for the user to click a button which essentially opens salesforce with the specific record ( easy enough ) and then sends the newly built text file to salesforce and attaches it to a record in a custom object?

thanks
ajmes
Hi all

Is there a simple way to add in a few lines of code to existing Apex triggers to prevent them running rather than having to go into all 45 of them when Im performing various admin tasks.

The triggers when executed send various emails to internal and external customers and amend or create records that I would usually disable before starting my tasks.

Can code be added to reference a value in a table or selected drop down that then allows or disallows the remainder of the code to be ran

thanks in advance
James
We are experiencing record locking issues when inserting data into SF and only since the day after Summer 16.. 
  • When we insert the records we execute an APEX method which builds 2 rows to be inserted;
  • the first insert is executed and the record id is retrieved -  
  • once this has occurred we create the second row and set it's related id to be the retrieved records id
  • then complete the 2nd insert.
 Both inserts occur in the same APEX method therefore within the same transaction.
 In addition to the above both the records created in the APEX method mentioned above are children of a record created within another APEX method but that initial insert is completed as part of a separate operation
 The sequence of events is as follows:
1.  Create parent record and retrieve it's record id as part of APEX method1
2.  Create 1st child record, insert the record and retrieve its record id, create 2nd child record assigning it's related record id to the first child record and perform the insert as part of a second APEX method; the second APEX method is failing with a row locking exception.

Additional information:
There are approx 19 roll-up summaries on the parent record, there are approx 24 roll-up summaries on each of the child lines.

There are approx 10 triggers associated with the parent and child records

In the test scenario that is leading to the locking exception we attempt multiple concurrent write requests, those which complete take 0.6 seconds, those which fail take over 9.5 seconds which as far as I am aware violates one of the governor limits however I cannot determine why the writes should be taking this long, the test scenario will attempt approx 586 writes (which should generate 1172 child lines), it must be stated that the 586 writes include numerous concurrent write requests as part of the external process which gathers the data and attempts to push it to SF.

Any thoughts and advice as to why this has suddnely reared its head upon Summer 16 would be amazing.

yours nervoulsy waiting some more experianced advice.
James

Hi all

ive inherited a medium size Org that has a number of Apex classes / triggers and apps. are there any methods or apps that could model or export the dependant fields or apex classes that interact with a selected field?

ie. If I was to update a field called Sales date what else will be impacted or associated with it?

thanks
james