• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a data storage issue, and I am hoping that someone here can help.

I have a multiple Many to Many relationships between Contact and a custom object I have created in my managed package.  In my case, there are 4 relationships between contact and this custom object.  I calculated the data storage cost, and it could be very expensive in terms of cost storage, because one contact could cost 10 KB (2kb for contact, plus 8 kb for each relationship).  In calculating the storage cost for some existing users in our org, I discovered that many of them would exceed the limit.

I could squash the 4 relationships into 1 relationship to save cost; however, when I did the math on it, it did not save much for our particular use case because one relationship gets the majority of the joins.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to store large amounts of custom objects in salesforce without hitting data storage limits?
Hey All,

I am trying to figure out what causes a connected app version to change.  Here is my setup:

I have a development org where I am developing a managed package.  I have been adding custom objects and fields, custom settings, etc.  So far, I have observed the Connect App version changing under the following circumstances:
  1. I adjusted the OAUTH callback URL.
  2. I added a custom setting to the app.
That said, our production org is currently at v31 of the connected app; however, our development org shows the version being v48 and I have only made 9 beta releases for our package.  It looks like the app version changes due to things other than package releases.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what actions cause the app version to change?    The changes I have been making to the package itself have not been released and are just in beta.
Hey all,

I am working on a web application for my work.  The business has decided on a roadmap to start porting functionality over from our application into Salesforce.  Here is what we are trying to accomplish:

1. We need users to interact with our web application from Salesforce.  Any changes made in Salesforce should be reflected in our application near real-time.
2. We need changes in our application to be reflected in Salesforce in near real-time.
3. In addition to just porting data between the two systems, we need to users to be able to perform actions from Salesforce that are currently built into our web application.

We have a few constraints:

1. The integration should be very fault-tolerant.  If our servers go down or Salesforce goes down, we need to be able to sync the two systems back to parity.
2. We need to be very efficient with our API requests.

So far, I have looked into the Streaming API as a way to pull in data from SF in near real-time.  I was thinking we could send updates from our application to Salesforce every 5 minutes or so using custom APEX endpoint.

Another option I looked into was building custom components that would call our API's and load the data in Salesforce via that route.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Hi,

I am trying to call the SANDBOX and I cant get my OAuth to work.
I am using Curl to make the call. 

curl -v --cacert cacert.pem POST -H --URL 'https://test.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -d 'grant_type=password&client_id=<client_id>&client_secret=<client_secret>&username=<username>&password=<password><securitytoken>'

When I execute this command, this is the output that i am getting

* Rebuilt URL to: POST/
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* getaddrinfo(3) failed for POST:80
* Couldn't resolve host 'POST'
* Closing connection 0
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'POST'
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 136.147.58.45...
* Connected to test.salesforce.com (136.147.58.45) port 443 (#1)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: cacert.pem
  CApath: none
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSL connection using TLSv1.0 / AES256-SHA
* Server certificate:
*        subject: C=US; ST=California; L=San Francisco; O=Salesforce.com, Inc; OU=Applications; CN=test.salesforce.com
*        start date: 2015-06-05 00:00:00 GMT
*        expire date: 2018-06-04 23:59:59 GMT
*        subjectAltName: test.salesforce.com matched
*        issuer: C=US; O=Symantec Corporation; OU=Symantec Trust Network; CN=Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA - G4
*        SSL certificate verify ok.
> POST /services/oauth2/token? HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7.37.0
> Host: test.salesforce.com
> Accept: */*
> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> Content-Length: 251
>
* upload completely sent off: 251 out of 251 bytes
< HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
< Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 19:44:31 GMT
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
< X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
< X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
< Content-Security-Policy: reflected-xss block;report-uri /_/ContentDomainCSPNoAuth?type=xss
< Content-Security-Policy: referrer origin-when-cross-origin
< Set-Cookie: BrowserId=_BCFUJXiSAunloQikTqmQw;Path=/;Domain=.salesforce.com;Expires=Tue, 06-Jun-2017 19:44:31 GMT
< Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
< Pragma: no-cache
< Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
< X-ReadOnlyMode: false
< Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<
* Connection #1 to host test.salesforce.com left intact
{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"authentication failure"}

This same command is working for Silverline person when he is executing from his local machine and not on Salesforce server.

Anyone knows what I should be checking for this issue?

Appreciate any help in advance.

How do we validate an access token for validity using REST API (to check if access token has expired)?