• Traderev

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How to move developer sandbox changes via ANT and Github
I am new admin and our company use ANT and GitHub for moving changes from developer sandbox to another sandbox.

I have my own Sandbox where i do all declarative changes. I retrive my declrative changes via ANT -Retrive to local Ant/Stage folder. Here is my main issue. I need to only select or copy affected metadata files from Ant/Stage folder and paste to my local github repo than move my local repo to our remote  repo branch via github.

My only problem at this point is " How to find those files that got changed due to declarative changes from my sandbox" ?

For example : I added new lead source picklist value in my sandbox and retrive my sandbox via ANT retrive command. Now ANT/Stage folder is containing that change. How to find all those effected file due to that change in state folder ? e.g. Lead source changed file is in " StandardValueSet Metadata object-> Retrieved files: LeadSource.standardValueSet: " . I google this and copied that file but i was not aware that i need to copy another file from Object->Lead folder too. Is there any tool or process which can help me on cutting down this part ? 

Same way i am worked on another task : Create new queue and add user to queue and created new email-to case too. Now all these changes are in ANT/Stage folder but i do not know what are all those necessary files that got changed due to this declrative change .

Apologies for long post and i tried to give my painpoint .
I am new admin and our company use ANT and GitHub for moving changes from developer sandbox to another sandbox.

I have my own Sandbox where i do all declarative changes. I retrive my declrative changes via ANT -Retrive to local Ant/Stage folder. Here is my main issue. I need to only select or copy affected metadata files from Ant/Stage folder and paste to my local github repo than move my local repo to our remote  repo branch via github.

My only problem at this point is " How to find those files that got changed due to declarative changes from my sandbox" ?

For example : I added new lead source picklist value in my sandbox and retrive my sandbox via ANT retrive command. Now ANT/Stage folder is containing that change. How to find all those effected file due to that change in state folder ? e.g. Lead source changed file is in " StandardValueSet Metadata object-> Retrieved files: LeadSource.standardValueSet: " . I google this and copied that file but i was not aware that i need to copy another file from Object->Lead folder too. Is there any tool or process which can help me on cutting down this part ? 

Same way i am worked on another task : Create new queue and add user to queue and created new email-to case too. Now all these changes are in ANT/Stage folder but i do not know what are all those necessary files that got changed due to this declrative change .

Apologies for long post and i tried to give my painpoint .
Hello 

I am in process of building recruitment app as per book from " Force.com Platform Fundamentals - An Introduction to custom application development in the cloud" Version 9.2 Aug 2016.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_creating_on_demand_apps.pdf

I am on unit - 6 Page :143  and 144.  

Use the Import Wizard . I already downloaded and extracted Sample data CSV file as per page # 142
Url : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/adg_relationships_dl_sample_data_try_it_out.htm

Url : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/adg_relationships_import_wizard_try_it_out.htm
( I do not see Step-4 while importing Data )

Error Details after import of Job application.csv :

"Id","Success","Created","Error"
"","false","false","INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: george@schnell.com not found for field Name in entity Candidate__c:--" "

Import of Candidates.csv went thru but import of Positions.csv and Job application csv failed. I am not sure what i am missing and i matched as per written on page 143 and 144. Also i observed that some of the steps mentioned on pdf book does not match with import wizard. I tried to use Data loader it does load all files but showing me unrelated values. Example : Position Name : a00f400001u
Hi,

This is the second time I am working thru' the Recruitment app. On Page 129, we are instructed to import 3 files .. One for Position, Candidate and Job Applications. When I import the Position file, I get error message that states "Error: Status: picklist value is not active: Closed - Canceled". 

Later in the app I get weird errors and none of the position nor candicates show up when trying to assign a user for the role of CEO.

I think there is a problem either with the data or with the app, in my belief. Cannot go beyond this stage. If this excercise needs to be useful I need help.

Can someone from Salesforce help?

where i get the WareHouse  App and  Recruiting App ? ple send me the link (not pdf ).

(i want developed App to do practice )