• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to enable drag and drop functionality to the files component (related list-single) on various objects in lightning and have run into a bit of a snag... So far, this functionality works great provided there is *already* a file attached and listed in the component that I am trying to drag a new file onto.

However, in the situation where there are no currently attached files I am unable to drag and drop a new file. That being said though, if I click "Add files" and manually browse for the file I want it will upload and then I will be able to drag and drop any new files to that record from that point forward.

Image when record has zero attached files:
Zero FilesNote it just says "Move" - dropping the file here does nothing as far as I can tell.

Image where object has 1 or more attached files:

User-added imageNote that here it says "Move" but it also indicates that I can drop the file and doing so will immediately open the upload progress bar and complete the upload as expected.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Or is this just a functionality oversight with lightning?
I am trying to enable drag and drop functionality to the files component (related list-single) on various objects in lightning and have run into a bit of a snag... So far, this functionality works great provided there is *already* a file attached and listed in the component that I am trying to drag a new file onto.

However, in the situation where there are no currently attached files I am unable to drag and drop a new file. That being said though, if I click "Add files" and manually browse for the file I want it will upload and then I will be able to drag and drop any new files to that record from that point forward.

Image when record has zero attached files:
Zero FilesNote it just says "Move" - dropping the file here does nothing as far as I can tell.

Image where object has 1 or more attached files:

User-added imageNote that here it says "Move" but it also indicates that I can drop the file and doing so will immediately open the upload progress bar and complete the upload as expected.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Or is this just a functionality oversight with lightning?