• 5 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our Chatter Daily Digest stopped coming in October.  Salesforce has identified the bug and will have a patch in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, they provided this Apex Class code to schedule the Chatter Daily Digest to be executed.

global class ChatterDigestScheduler implements Schedulable {
 global void execute(schedulableContext contest) {
   ConnectApi.Chatter.submitDigestJob(ConnectApi.DigestPeriod.DailyDigest);
     }
   }

I am not an Apex developer.  I am trying to figure out all of the steps to run this apex class on a daily schedule.  I have started by creating a the above class in our sandbox.  I put it in a change set to deploy in our production org, but I guess I am missing a test class that I don't know how to write!

I would really appreciate the steps I need to take to run this simple Apex Class.  Salesforce support said they cannot assist and directed me to this forum. 
I have a flow that works well when a Case owner is changed from one use to another, but it doesn't run if the owner was a queue and then changes to a User.

We have cases in queues and then use Omni Channel to assign the case to an owner.  When that happens the flow doesn't run.  But if the assigned owner changes to another owner, the flow works well.

Is there a way to may sure the flow runs when the ownership is changed from a queue?
I have this code for a VF data entry page for a specific record type for a custom object.
<apex:page standardController="Internal_Escalation__c">
       <apex:form >
       <apex:pageBlock title="Enter Knowledge Request">
        <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.RecordTypeId }"/>
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.Name }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__c.knowledge_type__c }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.product_area__c }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.product_feature__c }"/>
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.article_name__c }"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
              <apex:commandButton action="{! save }" value="Save" />
              <apex:commandButton action="{! Cancel }" value="Cancel" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Instead of having the user select the record type using
 <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.RecordTypeId }"/>,
I just want to hard code the record type to be the id of the Knowledge Request record type for the Internal_Escalation__C object.  This page is being called from a button called Create New Knowledge Request so it is redundant to have the user pick the record type.  
I am not a coder. I modified this code I found.  The code works for my purpose, except the record type is coming from the user picklist. Now I want to have the syntax to hard code the record type instead of having the user enter it.
I'm sure there must be a way to simply assign the record type id instead of using apex:inputfield.  
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have this code for a VF data entry page for a specific record type for a custom object.
<apex:page standardController="Internal_Escalation__c">
       <apex:form >
       <apex:pageBlock title="Enter Knowledge Request">
        <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.RecordTypeId }"/>
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.Name }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__c.knowledge_type__c }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.product_area__c }"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.product_feature__c }"/>
               <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_escalation__c.article_name__c }"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
              <apex:commandButton action="{! save }" value="Save" />
              <apex:commandButton action="{! Cancel }" value="Cancel" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Instead of having the user select the record type using
 <apex:inputField value="{! Internal_Escalation__C.RecordTypeId }"/>,
I just want to hard code the record type to be the id of the Knowledge Request record type for the Internal_Escalation__C object.  This page is being called from a button called Create New Knowledge Request so it is redundant to have the user pick the record type.  
I am not a coder. I modified this code I found.  The code works for my purpose, except the record type is coming from the user picklist. Now I want to have the syntax to hard code the record type instead of having the user enter it.
I'm sure there must be a way to simply assign the record type id instead of using apex:inputfield.  
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have set Default value for a Picklist, but to my luck it is not working, don't know the reason for the same.

Can anyone help me with any workaround? Even Custom Picklists are not working with default values on Account. Although it is working for Contact. 

Default Value:
User-added image

New Account Page:
User-added image