• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello guys, 
I'm having a little difficultly 
I've a 2 custom fields one with date time data type and the other is date data type. 

what I'm trying to do is 

variable1 = variable2 + 30 ; 

where v1 is date datatype and v2 date/time data type .
basically i want to add date from next 30 days

and Im getting an error as "Illegal assingment from daterime to date

• August 09, 2021
Hey All,

I've been searching for days for a solution to my problem. All I can seem to find is a couple people having a similar issue with no clear resolution. I set my OWD settings to "Public Read Only" for my accounts object. However, users who are not owners of the accounts can still edit the fields. So I thought ok, lets try setting it to "Private" and just share with a specific user role that has "Read Only" access. I ran into the same problem. The users in that role could still edit the fields on the account. My profile permissions are not set to "View All" or "Modify All." The profile object settings for Accounts are "create, read, edit" only. 

I'm not kidding when I say I've read hundreds of posts about sharing settings and permissions, and I genuinely have no idea what I am missing. And to make sure this wasn't something specific with the accounts object, I ran into the same issue with leads. This is maybe a huge error in my SF org or it is a small setting somewhere else that I have missed.

Please help!

P.S.
I checked the "Sharing Hierarchy" and it is telling me the user should have "Read Only" access...but they don't.
Is there a way in which we can control a Platform Event messages flow from the cometD Server to cometD Client by requesting from the cometD Client i.e can a cometD client can ask the cometD server  for stopping the sending of further messages till the messages lying with cometD client are processed.

Thanks
Baljeet
Universal Containers recently transitioned from Classic to Lighting Experience. One of its business processes requires certain value from the opportunity object to be sent via HTTP RESTcallout to its external order management system based on a user-initiated action on the opportunitypage. Example values are as follow* Name* Amount* AccountWhich two methods should the developer implement to fulfill the business requirement?
(Choose 2answers)

A. Create a Process Builder on the Opportunity object that executes an Apex immediate action toperform the HTTP REST callout whenever the Opportunity is updated.

B. Create a Visualforce page that performs the HTTP REST callout, and use a Visualforce quick actionto expose the component on the Opportunity detail page.

C. Create an after update trigger on the Opportunity object that calls a helper method using@Future(Callout=true) to perform the HTTP REST callout.

D. Create a Lightning component that performs the HTTP REST callout, and use a Lightning Action toexpose the component on the Opportunity detail page

I wanted to create a formula field that calculates the number of words (or characters) in a long text area, but I see that Salesforce does not have this capability. But I hear that apex can accomplish this? Sadly, I am not good with apex code, but I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on how to draft this code? Here are the specifics I am working with:

• Calculate number of words (or characters) of field Testimony__c on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c and display results in field Testimony_Word_Count__c (also on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c).

Hey All,

I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong here, but even after going through all the steps again I'm landing at the same problem. The letterhead looks fine to me (I've even gone to the effort of removing the older version I did and redoing a new one all over again) but I'm still at the same error.  Any help would be appreciated :) 

(Hoping it's something as simple as a spelling error, but I have been fairly careful about copy/pasting titles or names to make sure that isn't a problem!)

Error message step 4
Letterhead templateRSWE Template

Thanks,

Merran