• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
A new release of the Email-To-Case Agent Code is available and can be found here:
http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#EmailToCase

The focus of the release was to enhance the Email-To-Case Agent Code to perform retries when the email server or Sforce service are not reachable. In addition, email monitoring with notifications and error codes has been implemented.

The Email-To-Case Agent Code currently includes support for:
--Notifications
--Error Handling
--Logging
--Retries
--Blocking
--Ant build script

The Email-to-Case Agent source code is a sample implementation that pulls emails from multiple email addresses on your mail server and uses the Sforce API to create new cases in Supportforce, or append to an existing case. It currently supports servers with IMAP support. Customers can use the source code to extend the Email Agent beyond these capabilities to meet additional requirements.

This source code is not supported by Salesforce.com and is provided as a sample to accelerate the implementation of Email Management.

Mark Abramowitz
Senior Product Manager, Supportforce
An updated Email Agent for Email-to-Case has been posted to:

This update improves stability and includes fixes in the following areas:
--Error Handling - you can setup a folder in the mail box such that if there is an error dealing with the Sforce API, the messages will be copied to this Error Mailbox.
--Logging - While the agent is running, it will log messages to the console and to a text file. Settings for logging can be set in log4j.properties file.
--Blocking - Only one poll thread can be active at one time.
--Ant build script - Alternate method of building (outside of eclipse).

Please make sure to read the updated readme.txt

Mark Abramowitz

I am trying to use the Email2Case application.

It works well when I use my Salesforce trial account. But fails when try to use our corp account.

I get this error:

- Bypassing poll of mail server because connection to Salesforce Host is unavailable.https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/6.0

We have a profesionnal licence.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Use of Email2Case in the world of SalesForce.

We are currently undergoing an evaluation of SalesForce.com. We are looking to use Email2Case however after reading some of the comments posted in this community I am not sure if we should. if anyone can help us with this area then we would be most grateful

The product does not seem to be supported by SalesForce.com will this change in time?

How do other companies feel about using a product that is not officially supported? This could be costly for us if we miss an SLA (more in image than cash) due to the application failing and not being noticed or because of network errors that are not reported.

Are there examples of code that will provide some of the more interesting functionality. Getting it to log a ticket was straightforward but we obviously want it to log against the contact and append it if the ticket already exists etc.

I thought that it didn't handle attachments (due to the read-me included saying it doesn't) but from messages in this forum it would seem that it does. Could someone let me know yes or no?

What sort of problems have people run into with it? I have seen some people have had problems with the message headers, does it log anything with this error or not?

Am I missing any points that I should be aware of?

Many thanks for your time

Gareth

• July 25, 2005
A new release of the Email-To-Case Agent Code is available and can be found here:

The focus of the release was to enhance the Email-To-Case Agent Code to perform retries when the email server or Sforce service are not reachable. In addition, email monitoring with notifications and error codes has been implemented.

The Email-To-Case Agent Code currently includes support for:
--Notifications
--Error Handling
--Logging
--Retries
--Blocking
--Ant build script

The Email-to-Case Agent source code is a sample implementation that pulls emails from multiple email addresses on your mail server and uses the Sforce API to create new cases in Supportforce, or append to an existing case. It currently supports servers with IMAP support. Customers can use the source code to extend the Email Agent beyond these capabilities to meet additional requirements.

This source code is not supported by Salesforce.com and is provided as a sample to accelerate the implementation of Email Management.

Mark Abramowitz

When EmailToCase processes an email, it appends the Ref: tag to the subject to keep track of the conversation.

According to the documentation, the ref tag can be read from either the subject or the body. How would I go about forcing the software to put it in and read it from the body, rather than the subject?

• July 14, 2005

Hi, I noted a problem with email-to-case agent version of 29 june.

If there are more than 10 files attached to the email, the agent stops to work.

Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Lorenzo

• July 05, 2005

I get this error when I run email2case.bat:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.mail.internet.M
imeMultipart

??

gmh