• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I read all the threads about this but I'm still having this issue.
I've been developing an application and it runs fine under tomcat.

When I deploy it under Websphere Community Edition 1.0.1.1, my login to salesforce fails with the following exception message:
nested exception is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
And part of the stack trace:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
        at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.login(SoapBindingStub.java:1062)

Here's the url that I'm trying to connect to:
https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0

It's the same URL in tomcat and websphere.

Please note that tomcat and websphere are running under the exact same JDK, namely Sun 1.4.2_11.

Most of the threads about this error say you can solve it by upgrading your JDK. I am already running the highest 1.4x JDK and Websphere does not run (as far as I can tell) under java 1.5x.

Other threads had instructions about upgrading the certificates stored in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts. I followed those instructions to the letter and that did not help or change the situation--the app still works on Tomcat 5.0.28 but not Websphere.

Hope someone can help. I am developing this app under tomcat but it needs to be deployed to websphere.