• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I have a problem with setting null to a custom field of type to null. I am using the statment
op.apprDateTime__c=null;
op.apprDateTime__cSpecified=true;

and here, apprDateTime is of type DateTime?
However, it is not getting updated to null.

Does anybody have any idea why this might now work?
Thanks in advance,
Saritha
PS: I have the recommended hotfix (mentioned here) installed.
Hi,
In Opportunity, I have a custom field of type Date/Time. In update, I set the field value to DateTime.Now. And it throws the error:
Error: '2006-11-10' is not a valid value for the type xsd:dateTime

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Saritha

Hi,
I am trying to get the user profile name of the user who is logged in. I am using the retrieve method as

sObject[] userprofile=binding.retrieve("Username, ProfileId", "User", userid);

Then I use the profile ID to get the profile name. This works fine as long as the user who is logged in is system admn. How do I set securities if the user logged in is a standard user. Because, for a standard user, it gives the error that ProfileId is an invalid column. I am assuming that this error has to do with some field level securities. But its not possible to change the field level securities on the User object.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Saritha

Hi,
I am new to Salesforce; I am trying to bind ObjectDatasource to a method in our custom namespace and I get the serialization error.

Here are the details:

In the APIHelper class (which is defined in a custom namespace which references the SalesForceWebservice), I have a method as
public static List<NewObj__c> GetNewObjects(SforceService binding, string opId)

I am binding this method to selectMethod of an object datasource and it gives me the following error:

Type 'a.b.SforceService' in Assembly 'a,
Version=1.0.2460.27497, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

I believe this error occurs if a class does not have the attribute Serializable, in this case I think the class SforceService is Serializable and yet I get this message. Do I have to open a case with support to get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Saritha

Hi,
I have a problem with setting null to a custom field of type to null. I am using the statment
op.apprDateTime__c=null;
op.apprDateTime__cSpecified=true;

and here, apprDateTime is of type DateTime?
However, it is not getting updated to null.

Does anybody have any idea why this might now work?
Thanks in advance,
Saritha
PS: I have the recommended hotfix (mentioned here) installed.
Hi,
In Opportunity, I have a custom field of type Date/Time. In update, I set the field value to DateTime.Now. And it throws the error:
Error: '2006-11-10' is not a valid value for the type xsd:dateTime

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Saritha

Hi,
I am new to Salesforce; I am trying to bind ObjectDatasource to a method in our custom namespace and I get the serialization error.

Here are the details:

In the APIHelper class (which is defined in a custom namespace which references the SalesForceWebservice), I have a method as
public static List<NewObj__c> GetNewObjects(SforceService binding, string opId)

I am binding this method to selectMethod of an object datasource and it gives me the following error:

Type 'a.b.SforceService' in Assembly 'a,
Version=1.0.2460.27497, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

I believe this error occurs if a class does not have the attribute Serializable, in this case I think the class SforceService is Serializable and yet I get this message. Do I have to open a case with support to get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Saritha

I get the following error while update the contact.
        Error:      '2006-09-06' is not a valid value for the type xsd:dateTime

This is happening when we set the value for DateTime type custom field. I am setting value as
                    sContact.RECEIPT_STATE_DATE_02__cSpecified = true;
                    sContact.RECEIPT_STATE_DATE_02__c = DateTime.Now;

Based on one of the replies from this forum I tried the following but gives compilation error.
                    sContact.RECEIPT_STATE_DATE_02__cSpecified = true;
                    sContact.RECEIPT_STATE_DATE_02__c = (System.DateTime)DateTime.Now.ToString("s", System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);
I am using MS VS 2005. Please let me know how to resove this error.