• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Background Info:

I have a custom object named "Rec".  I created a custom link for my "Rec" custom object.  When the custom link is clicked it will open up an input form (Visualforce Page) on another custom object called "Checklist". 

My Problem:

I cannot get data in fields on my "Rec" object to automatically populate fields in my "Checklist" form when I click my custom link.  More specifically, I need the information in the "deeds" field on my "Rec" object to automatically populate the "deeds" form
field on my "Checklist" object when I click my custom link.

I've tried both links below.  They will direct me to my Checklist form, but the "deed" field on my checklist form is blank and will not populate with the data from my "Rec" object.

/apex/cklstpurstep1?CF00N40000001skap_lkid={!File__c.Id}&00N40000001q1QS={!File__c.Number_of_Deeds__c}&retURL=%2F{!File__c.Id}&sfdc.override=1

/apex/cklstpurstep1?00N40000001q1QS={!File__c.Number_of_Deeds__c}&CF00N40000001skap_lkid={!File__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!File__c.Id}&sfdc.override=1

The deed field on both objects are the same type (Number fields).  I've looked over documentation and I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I know this should be really simple.

Please help!!

I need help with the following:

I want to make changes and/or edit fields on a page for one of my custom objects.  When I "save" these changes I want to set-up a workflow rule to perform a field update for one of the fields on my custom object.

If the workflow rule updates this custom field to an "approved" status, I want to be redirected to a new cutome page on save that shows specific fields.

If the workflow rule updates this custom field to a "not approved" status, I want to be redirected to another custom page on save that shows specific fields.

So, I would have 3 different page layout for this object.  I would use the "standard" page layout when editing a record.  Then, I would be re-directed to one of my custom page layouts on "save" based on the field update via my workflow rule.

Is this possible?  If so, I know how to create my workflow rule and my two custom visual force pages.  However, what mechanism would I use to overide the "save" function, and how can I base this overide on the field update via my workflow rule?

Any guidance is appreciated!  

Thanks!