• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm new to packaging and was trying to practice and learn the process using a DE org (org 1). 

I created a managed package which was created as a Beta.  I received a link for installing this package.  I created another DE org (org 2) for the purposes of installing the Beta managed package created from org1.  I then used the link from the email to attempt to install the package.  When prompted for username and password, I used the org 2 credentials.  Next I was prompted for a password ("This package requires a password to install it...").  However, I was never prompted in org 1 to set a password when creating or uploading the package.  I searched the help documentation and found mention of an "Edit Security" button for an existing package, but this button does not appear in org 1.

What am I doing wrong?  Are there any experienced people out there who may be able to help?

thanks,

Steve

Message Edited by sellis360 on 05-19-2009 02:01 PM

We're in development on our native application prior to packaging it for production.  We just requested our first Sandbox org and would like to load it with our current application so we can do internal demos and testing somewhere other than our development org.  How is this best accomplished? 

Some things to consider:

• We probably will want to do this multiple times as development progresses.
  • We may want to move data as well so we don't have to recreate test data.

On a related note, how many sandboxes can an ISV can request/have?  For instance, could we have a multiple test sandboxes, a demo sandbox, a training sandbox, etc.?

Finally, are these questions answered by any currently available documentation via developerforce.com or elsewhere?  I've searched and come up empty.

thanks!

Steve

I am trying to use the new email attachment methods in the winter '10 release to get emails sent from the appointment controller to be sent in an intuitively obvious way such that they will appear as calendar invitations when opened in Outlook, on a blackberry, in gmail, etc.

In the Winter '10: Platform Release Preview Webinar, Sarah Franklin said the following about new email features, "[If] you wanted to send emails that have a calendar attachment in them and have the person receiving the email open that up an go right into their outlook or something… Right now with Winter '10 we are announcing support for that."

If anyone knows how the Force folks were able to achieve this functionality with the new features please let me know.

Here is what I tried:

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        email.setSubject(subjectLine);
        email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
        email.setHtmlBody(AppointmentUtils.getNotificationBody(item.id));
        email.setPlainTextBody(AppointmentUtils.getNotificationBodyText(item.id));

// Create an email attachment   
        Messaging.EmailFileAttachment efa = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
        efa.setFileName('Appointment.pdf'); // set name of PDF
        efa.setBody(AppointmentUtils.getNotificationPDF(item.id)); //attach the PDF

Messaging.EmailFileAttachment vcal = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
        vcal.setFileName('Appointment.ics');
        vcal.setBody(AppointmentUtils.getNotificationVCal(item.id));
        vcal.setContentType(mime);

email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {efa, vcal});
        Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});  

Note this line: vcal.setContentType(mime);

I tried the following values for mime:

text/x-vCalendar

application/x-vCalendar

text/calendar

application/calendar

In all of these cases the calendar object showed up as an attachement rather than having the email itself be a calendar invitation.

We're in development on our native application prior to packaging it for production.  We just requested our first Sandbox org and would like to load it with our current application so we can do internal demos and testing somewhere other than our development org.  How is this best accomplished? 

Some things to consider:

• We probably will want to do this multiple times as development progresses.
  • We may want to move data as well so we don't have to recreate test data.

On a related note, how many sandboxes can an ISV can request/have?  For instance, could we have a multiple test sandboxes, a demo sandbox, a training sandbox, etc.?

Finally, are these questions answered by any currently available documentation via developerforce.com or elsewhere?  I've searched and come up empty.

thanks!

Steve

Hi ...

I'm getting this error for a Profile in my organization: "Permission Read Pricebook2 depends on permission(s): Read Product2"

I'm not able to find the place where Product2 or pricebook objects are editable.

in Security Settings-->Sharing Settings, i can see PriceBook object and have Default Access = "No Access".

Can anyone guide me, so that I canfix the error and proceed with the deployment. plz ..

Thanks.

• February 17, 2009
Does anybody know of a way to perform field level validation in VisualForce.   I would like to enter a field value and if there is an invalid entry, I would like to display an error before the page proceeds to the next field. 
Hi,

Is there any reason that the setWhatId function can only be used when setTargetObjectId is a contact? I am building an email notice around a template and I want to send it to a user. Without the setWhatId, none of the merge fields pull through. Is there a work around that I am not aware of?

Thanks!