• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm customizing the Salesforce CRM app.  When I click on an Opportunity, there's an error: Prototype is null or not an object, ext.js line 7.   None of my visualforce or apex pages have any references to "ext", "ext.js", or "ext js" (a phrase in the file that has the error).  Ext.js is not listed as a static resource. 

I think this error is coming from code that's built in to salesforce that I can't edit ... but how can I be sure? Can anyone help?

Hi all,

If you have a web application that uses the Salesforce API web service, how do you switch the web reference from salesforce production to sandbox / developer version and vice versa for the staging version of your web app vs. the production version?

This is for an .NET web app that has a reference to the Salesforce API web service. 
I am curious to know how other people handle this.

Ideally I'd like to use the same code for the staging and production version of my .NET web app - but in my web.config I want to specify which version of salesforce it should use (production or developer version).  

This is so that I don't have to rebuild the whole app to switch between them - and also so that I don't accidentally deploy the web app to production with the wrong reference.

Does that make sense?  Thanks in advance ... I am curious to see how others handle this.  Right now it looks like the reference is "hard-coded" in a way, using enterprise.wsdl and the classes that were generated automatically... I am new to salesforce so I'm not sure if that's right.

I'm customizing the Salesforce CRM app.  When I click on an Opportunity, there's an error: Prototype is null or not an object, ext.js line 7.   None of my visualforce or apex pages have any references to "ext", "ext.js", or "ext js" (a phrase in the file that has the error).  Ext.js is not listed as a static resource. 

I think this error is coming from code that's built in to salesforce that I can't edit ... but how can I be sure? Can anyone help?

When Apex code was first released the debug log worked wonderfully! It displayed all relevant Apex info, limits, debug statements, etc.

The new version not so much. When I am working with Apex code I could care less about workflow criteria evaluations. These do nothing but get in the way and make the debug log ridiculously long. For us this is making the debug log so long it is cutting off the top of the log and with that lots of my debug statements. This has made debugging Apex extremely tedious and very painful.

With the new version you are supposed to be able to modify the logging level but this rarely works. It's as if it has a mind of its own.

Sorry for the somewhat harsh tone but it has been very frustrating digging through literally 35,000 lines of workflow evaluations only to find that my debug statements are not there.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 07-17-2008 03:34 PM