I have a trigger that operates on an object.  In the trigger, I have:

Account a = [
            Select
                Id,
                ParentId,

AccountSource
          From
              Account];

but it will not compile.  It says "no such column."  However, the column does exist, is accessible from other arreas in the code.  Is there something silly that I'm missing here?  I've gone over the documentation but can't seem to find any "gotchas" regarding that particular field.

Thanks in advance.

• March 14, 2012

I have a Visualforce page that is used to edit an object's values.  The relationship is such that the object being edited has a master-detail relationship with another object, and those children also have a master-detail relationship with another object.

Object1 -> Object2 -> Object3

Object1 has a few fields that the user can edit.
Object 2 is iterated over and displays four fields that are also editable.
Object 3 has two fields that are displayed and can be edited.

While it may sound a little confusing, the presentation is fairly clean and understandable to the user.  The data is presented in <apex:repeat> tags and uses the normal "__r" attributes as to what gets iterated over.  For example:

<apex:inputText value="{!object1.field1}"/>
<apex:repeat value="{!object1.object2__r}" var="object2">
  <apex:repeat value="{!object2.object3__r}" var="object3">

<apex:inputText value="{!object3.field1}"/>

<apex:inputText value="{!object3.field2}"/>

</apex:repeat>

I've left out much of the detail to make it simple.  Anyhow, I have a command button that submits the information but when I inspect what's going on, none of the child input fields seem to be passed back in the response.  The command button has the rerender attribute set, and I see Object1's data being changed, but the child object's fields do not seem to be there.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

• March 07, 2012

I have functionality in our application that creates three PDF attachments and sets the parentId of the attachments to a custom object.  If I do not mark the Visualforce Pages with a renderAs="PDF" and then do a getContentAsPDF() it would seem that only ONE of the PDFs is correctly created (even though I see three insert statements -- one for each PDF).  HOWEVER, if I DO mark the page as renderAs="PDF" and then just do "getContent ()" all three are created and inserted.  What in the world could be causing this issue?  I'm happy I have a work-around, but not happy about the extra 60 to 90 minutes it took me to find this issue.  Is there some unknown governor limit that restricts the number of calls to getContentAsPDF()?

What works (renderAs="PDF"):

Page.PDF1, getContent ()

Page.PDF2, getContent ()

Page.PDF3, getContent ()

What does NOT work (no renderAs="PDF" in the Visualforce page)

Page.PDF1, getContentAsPDF ()

Page.PDF2, getContentAsPDF ()

Page.PDF3, getContentAsPDF ()

Thanks in advance.

• February 16, 2012

I have a perplexing issue.  I have a Visualforce page with an input field that has a lookup.  When clicking the "Search" button (magnifying glass), the searched field can be selected but the window does not close, forcing the user to press the "Close Window" button.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• February 16, 2012

I have a piece of code that does this:

Integer numBookings = zoneBookingMap.get (zoneId);

numBookings = (numBookings == null) ? 1 : numBookings + 1;

This code worked perfectly prior to the release of the recent update.

Now, however, numBookings ALWAYS comes back as null!  I tested this by changing the code to:

if (numBookings == null) {
  numBookings = 1;
} else {
  numBookings = numBookings + 1;
}

And it fixed the problem.  But this is a huge issue as I use similar code throughout our system.

• February 09, 2012

I've been working on a Visualforce page that is intended to be rendered as a PDF.  The page itself has about 10 different panels, each rendering a different set of information.  There are going to be several of these PDFs/Visualforce pages, and they will re-use (to some extent) the panels.  Therefore, I decided to implement each panel as a component.  After painstakingly laying out the components and their outputs, piecing it all together, I finally reaped the reward and had a nice reusable set of panels that I would be able to include in future pages.  I tested the page rendered both as a normal page and as a PDF and it was perfect.  I deployed the components and pages to our production system and, unfortunately, they do NOT render correctly on the production system.

After trying many different solutions, the ONLY solution that I could find was to copy and paste the contents of each component into the Visualforce page at the exact location where I was initially including the component (thus completely defeating my initial goal of reusing the panels).  The pages looked 100% perfect in Sandbox.

My question is:  Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or does anyone have a resolution to the problem.  I would gladly paste code samples if necessary, but quite frankly, I'm not sure what would be achieved by doing such, as the problem does not appear to be code related, but environment related.

Thanks in advance.

• February 07, 2012

I am working on a project that has a requirement which needs to have PDF generation of documents.  I have created the Visualforce page, but the issue that is coming up is that sometimes, hundreds of PDF documents need to be created.  I"ve managed to create the controller in such a way that ALL information necessary for rendering the page can be done in a single SOQL query, but this will not fix the case where I have lots of documents as it violates the SOQL query limit.  Is there some way to instantiate the controller and then have the Visualforce page use that already instantiated controller?

One idea I came up with was to create a List<> of objects that are going to be used for generating the PDF.  Then, for each object, use JSON.serialize() to create a string, put the string into the ApexPage's parameter map, and deserializde the object in the default constructor of the page's controller.  This would mean that the Page itself would never have to do any SOQL queries.  The problem I've seem to run into is that deserialize doesn't seem to work correctly on "child" objects (i.e. the object that is being rendered also has child objects).

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

• January 31, 2012

I'm attempting to serialize an object that was fetched from the database.  The object also has a "sub-query" that returns it's children.  When I serialize it, and attempt to deserialize it, I receive an error that the parent object does not have a certain field.  The field in error is actually in the child object.  Is there some outstanding bug in the serialize/deserialize code that is causing this error?

Thanks in advance.

• January 31, 2012

So I was trying to disable some fields based on a select box value, and it worked.  However, when the select box value changed again, the field did not become re-enabled.  Is the reason the fields are not being re-enabled because they are disabled, and, if so, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

<!--

This select box controls the shipment method.

-->

<apex:selectList value="{!shipment.Shipment_Mode__c}" size="1">
   <apex:selectOptions value="{!ShipmentModes}"/>
   <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="perishableSelected" status="searchStatus"/>
</apex:selectList>

<!--

This field depends on the value of the select box.

-->

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem helptext="{!$ObjectType.Shipment__c.Fields.Perishable__c.inlineHelpText}">
<apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.Shipment__c.Fields.Perishable__c.label}"/>
<apex:inputCheckbox id="perishableSelected" value="{!shipment.Perishable__c}" disabled="{!shipment.Shipment_Mode__c='PerishableTransport'}" />
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

• October 07, 2011

I am working on a project that has a very large Visualforce page.  I'm breaking it down into more manageable chunks by using a "State" object that encapsulates information about a particuar state inside of smaller objects.  The base class is abstract, and each state extends that abstract class to provide different functionality.  Anyhow, one state manages a purchase order and has a method called getPO ().  I can access that method via an Apex expression like this:

{!curState['PO'].PO_Number__c}

In that object (which works perfectly).  Obviously I cannot access the getPO() method directly because the base class does not have that method and the Controller that maintains the state object returns the abstract State obejct, I also have a method called getLineItems() that returns a collection of objects (line items on a purchase order).  The collection is a "List."  I can actually test this such as:

<apex:outputText value="{!curState['LineItems']}"/>

Which shows the collection as having the correct number of elements.

When I attempt to iterate over that collection in a pageBlockTable such as:

<apex:pageBlockTable id="lineItems" value="{!curState['LineItems']}" var="t">

it will not compile.  The error message is:

Save error: Cannot coerce from class core.apexpages.el.adapters.RuntimeTypeMetadataELAdapter to class java.lang.Boolean

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what Datatable should take in the value.  However, if I put the exact same list in the controller class, it WORKS.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• October 05, 2011

I'm trying to create a controller extends and VF Page to enable custom product selection for quote line items.  However, for some reason, all of the fields inside of the related Quote object are empty.  I've created two sections of the VF Page and the controller extension to show this behavior.  The first section of the page does not work as I would think it should, and the second part does work becuase I load up the data in the constructor of the controller extension using SOQL.

Controller:

public class QuoteControllerExtension {
	private final   Quote quote;

public String shippingState {get; set;}
	public String quoteName {get; set;}
	public ID 		quoteId {get; set;}

public QuoteControllerExtension (ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
		this.quote = (Quote)stdController.getRecord ();

ID qid = System.currentpageReference ().getParameters ().get ('addTo');
			List<Quote> quotes = [select Id,Name,Opportunity.Account.shippingstate from Quote where id = :qid];
			this.quoteName = quotes[0].Name;
			this.quoteId = quotes[0].Id;
			this.shippingState = quotes[0].Opportunity.Account.shippingstate;
	}

public String getTest () {
		return 'This is a test.';
	}
}

Page:

<apex:page standardController="Quote" extensions="QuoteControllerExtension">
  <body>
  <apex:sectionHeader title="Select Products for Quote: {!quoteName}" Subtitle="Product Selection"/>
    <br/>
    <h3>This SHOULD work but does not</h3>
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote Id: {!Quote.Id}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote: {!Quote.Name}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Shipping State: {!Quote.Opportunity.Account.shippingstate}" />
    <hr/>
    <h3>This will work</h3>
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote Id: {!quoteId}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote: {!quoteName}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Shipping State: {!shippingState}" />
    <br/>

Enter your keyword and filter criteria, then click Search to begin your search. Click More filters to use more than one filter. Search results include all records that match both your keyword and filter 
  </body>
</apex:page>

• July 22, 2011

I'm trying to create a custom button that can be added to the Product List page that can invoke an external web service to load a few products from the external service into the Salesforce products.  I built a custom controller using a StandardSetController as shown below:

public class PM3ProductListController {
    private ApexPages.StandardSetController theSetController;
    private    String    theId;

public PM3ProductListController (ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
        this.theSetController = controller;
        this.theId =  ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
    }

// Code we will invoke on page load.
  public PageReference testSend () {
    if (this.theId == null) {
        // Display the Visualforce page's content if no Id is passed over
        return null;
    }   

// LOAD PRODUCTS

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/' + this.theId);
    pageRef.setRedirect(true);
    return pageRef;

}
 }

I then created a VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Product2"
    recordSetVar="products"
    extensions="PM3ProductListController"
    action="{!testSend}"
>
  <apex:sectionHeader title="Loading Products..."/>
  <apex:outputPanel >
      If you're seeing this, an error occurred.
  </apex:outputPanel>

I then added a custom button to the Product List page to load that page.  For some reason, it never redirects and just lands on the VF page above.

Does anyone see any obvious errors in my code and/or is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance.

• June 21, 2011

I've been trying to integrate with a system via a webservice call out.  It's been "mostly" working, but now, I'm getting this exception:

A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered:
{faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:'System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element contentType
Class.productCatalogServiceCatalogDante.ProductCatalogServicePort.searchCatalog: line 93, column 14Class.AddProductsFromPM3.AddProducts: line 27, column 55External entry point', }

I actually verified that the contentType field DOES exist in the element.  

private String[] contentType_type_info = new String[]{'contentType','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema','string','0','1','false'};

The resulting XML part looks like this;

<presentationElements>                 

<contentType>IMAGE</contentType> 

What could be causing this problem?

• June 20, 2011

I have a Visualforce page that is used to edit an object's values.  The relationship is such that the object being edited has a master-detail relationship with another object, and those children also have a master-detail relationship with another object.

Object1 -> Object2 -> Object3

Object1 has a few fields that the user can edit.
Object 2 is iterated over and displays four fields that are also editable.
Object 3 has two fields that are displayed and can be edited.

While it may sound a little confusing, the presentation is fairly clean and understandable to the user.  The data is presented in <apex:repeat> tags and uses the normal "__r" attributes as to what gets iterated over.  For example:

<apex:inputText value="{!object1.field1}"/>
<apex:repeat value="{!object1.object2__r}" var="object2">
  <apex:repeat value="{!object2.object3__r}" var="object3">

<apex:inputText value="{!object3.field1}"/>

<apex:inputText value="{!object3.field2}"/>

I've left out much of the detail to make it simple.  Anyhow, I have a command button that submits the information but when I inspect what's going on, none of the child input fields seem to be passed back in the response.  The command button has the rerender attribute set, and I see Object1's data being changed, but the child object's fields do not seem to be there.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

• March 07, 2012

I have functionality in our application that creates three PDF attachments and sets the parentId of the attachments to a custom object.  If I do not mark the Visualforce Pages with a renderAs="PDF" and then do a getContentAsPDF() it would seem that only ONE of the PDFs is correctly created (even though I see three insert statements -- one for each PDF).  HOWEVER, if I DO mark the page as renderAs="PDF" and then just do "getContent ()" all three are created and inserted.  What in the world could be causing this issue?  I'm happy I have a work-around, but not happy about the extra 60 to 90 minutes it took me to find this issue.  Is there some unknown governor limit that restricts the number of calls to getContentAsPDF()?

What works (renderAs="PDF"):

Page.PDF1, getContent ()

Page.PDF2, getContent ()

Page.PDF3, getContent ()

What does NOT work (no renderAs="PDF" in the Visualforce page)

Page.PDF1, getContentAsPDF ()

Page.PDF2, getContentAsPDF ()

Page.PDF3, getContentAsPDF ()

Thanks in advance.

• February 16, 2012

I have a perplexing issue.  I have a Visualforce page with an input field that has a lookup.  When clicking the "Search" button (magnifying glass), the searched field can be selected but the window does not close, forcing the user to press the "Close Window" button.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• February 16, 2012

I have a piece of code that does this:

numBookings = (numBookings == null) ? 1 : numBookings + 1;

This code worked perfectly prior to the release of the recent update.

Now, however, numBookings ALWAYS comes back as null!  I tested this by changing the code to:

if (numBookings == null) {
  numBookings = 1;
} else {
  numBookings = numBookings + 1;
}

And it fixed the problem.  But this is a huge issue as I use similar code throughout our system.

• February 09, 2012

Hi my test coverage class covers only 71%. Please help me out for 75%.

My code is

public with sharing class sendquote1 {

public ID quoteId {get;set;}
public String email {get;set;}
public boolean showpop{set;get;}
public sendquote1 ()
{
quoteId =apexpages.currentpage().getparameters().get('id');
system.debug('acid'+quoteId );
}
Blob body;

list<quotedocument> qdlist=new list<quotedocument>();
pagereference p1;
Blob pdfBlob;
public pagereference save()
{

for(quote q:[select id,name from quote where id=:quoteId ])
{
quotedocument qd=new quotedocument();
PageReference pdfPage = Page.quotePDF;
pdfPage.getParameters().put('id',quoteid);
pdfBlob = pdfPage.getContent();
//Attachment a = new Attachment(parentId = q.id, name=q.name + '.pdf', body = pdfBlob);
qd.quoteid=q.id;
qd.document=pdfBlob ;

qdlist.add(qd);
p1=new pagereference('/'+quoteid);
}
insert qdlist;
return p1;
}
private static testMethod void savetest()
{

Account a=new Account(Name='abc');
insert a;
Pricebook2 pb=new Pricebook2(name='sample',isactive=true);
insert pb;
Product2 p = new Product2();
p.Name = 'TEST';
insert p;
OpportunityStage stage=[select Masterlabel from OpportunityStage limit 1];
Opportunity o = new Opportunity();
o.Name='TestOpp';
o.AccountID=a.id;
o.CloseDate=date.today();
o.StageName=stage.masterlabel;
o.Pricebook2Id=pb.id;
insert o;
Quote q = new Quote();
q.opportunityId=o.id;
q.Pricebook2Id=pb.id;
q.name='TestQuote';
insert q;
Quote q1 = new Quote();
q1.opportunityId=o.id;
q1.Pricebook2Id=pb.id;
q1.name='TestQuote';
insert q1;
Blob b = Blob.valueOf('Test Data');
PageReference pref = Page.quotepdf;
pref.getParameters().put('id',q.id);

Test.setCurrentPage(pref);

quotedocument qd1=new quotedocument();
qd1.quoteid=q.id;
qd1.document=b;
insert qd1;
//ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().put('id', q.id);

sendquote1 s=new sendquote1();

s.save();
}
}

The bold statements are not covered.

Thanks

I'm attempting to serialize an object that was fetched from the database.  The object also has a "sub-query" that returns it's children.  When I serialize it, and attempt to deserialize it, I receive an error that the parent object does not have a certain field.  The field in error is actually in the child object.  Is there some outstanding bug in the serialize/deserialize code that is causing this error?

Thanks in advance.

• January 31, 2012

Hi ,

I have created a Batch class ,in which i m calling a visual force page which is rendred as PDF.

i m attaching it to mail. but content is not displayed.  I tried both getContent() and getContentAsPDF().

In get content it gives me error that Email Attachment was not correctly decoded and in getContentAsPDF() it gives a blank PDF.

Code -:

PageReference newPage = Page.SendInvoice;
                            newPage.getParameters().put('id',o.id);

Blob blobFormPDF = null;
                            try {                              
                              blobFormPDF = newPage.getContent();  
                            } catch (VisualforceException e) {
                              blobFormPDF = Blob.valueOf('Some Text');
                            }                              
                            system.debug('---------blobFormPDF'+blobFormPDF);                        
                            Messaging.EmailFileAttachment attach = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
                            attach.setContentType('application/pdf');
                            attach.setFileName(o.Name+ '.pdf');
                            attach.setInline(false);
                            attach.setBody(blobFormPDF);               

Messaging.Singleemailmessage mail= new Messaging.Singleemailmessage();                          
                            list<string>maillist = new list<string>();
                            maillist.add(c.email);
                            mail.setSubject('Invoice');

mail.setPlainTextBody('Please find Attached Invoice');
                            mail.setToAddresses(maillist);
                            mail.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] { attach });                       
                            Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {mail});   

How can i get the content in mail as attachment?

Thanks

Shailu

• January 31, 2012

i want to sort sObjects when click on an image

either  i  call a method  for soritng or i  i can fire a DML query ?

which method wud be most preferable in salesforce?

*i have to sort list of products in opportunity

I am working on a project that has a very large Visualforce page.  I'm breaking it down into more manageable chunks by using a "State" object that encapsulates information about a particuar state inside of smaller objects.  The base class is abstract, and each state extends that abstract class to provide different functionality.  Anyhow, one state manages a purchase order and has a method called getPO ().  I can access that method via an Apex expression like this:

{!curState['PO'].PO_Number__c}

In that object (which works perfectly).  Obviously I cannot access the getPO() method directly because the base class does not have that method and the Controller that maintains the state object returns the abstract State obejct, I also have a method called getLineItems() that returns a collection of objects (line items on a purchase order).  The collection is a "List."  I can actually test this such as:

<apex:outputText value="{!curState['LineItems']}"/>

Which shows the collection as having the correct number of elements.

When I attempt to iterate over that collection in a pageBlockTable such as:

<apex:pageBlockTable id="lineItems" value="{!curState['LineItems']}" var="t">

it will not compile.  The error message is:

Save error: Cannot coerce from class core.apexpages.el.adapters.RuntimeTypeMetadataELAdapter to class java.lang.Boolean

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what Datatable should take in the value.  However, if I put the exact same list in the controller class, it WORKS.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• October 05, 2011

When i tried to run PageReference.getContent() method inside a trigger

PageReference pdf=Page.DsignationLetter; 
pdf.getParameters().put('id',employeeId);
body = pdf.getContent();

i get the following exception message.

Getting content from within triggers is currently not supported.

This works fine in normal apex classes.

So I tried to do this in a @Future method and called future method from the trigger.

Then i get some kind of a authentication problem. The content looks like this

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

<script>
var escapedHash = '';
var url = 'https://login.salesforce.com/........; (this contains visualforce page name and object id)
if (window.location.hash) {
   escapedHash = '%23' + window.location.hash.slice(1);
}
if (window.location.replace){
window.location.replace(url + escapedHash);
} else {;
window.location.href = url + escapedHash;
}
</script>

</head>

</html>

When i try to browse the url, it takes me to the salesforce login page.

If anyone has an idea on this please help

Thanks

• September 04, 2011

I'm trying to create a controller extends and VF Page to enable custom product selection for quote line items.  However, for some reason, all of the fields inside of the related Quote object are empty.  I've created two sections of the VF Page and the controller extension to show this behavior.  The first section of the page does not work as I would think it should, and the second part does work becuase I load up the data in the constructor of the controller extension using SOQL.

Controller:

public class QuoteControllerExtension {
	private final   Quote quote;

public String shippingState {get; set;}
	public String quoteName {get; set;}
	public ID 		quoteId {get; set;}

public QuoteControllerExtension (ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
		this.quote = (Quote)stdController.getRecord ();

ID qid = System.currentpageReference ().getParameters ().get ('addTo');
			List<Quote> quotes = [select Id,Name,Opportunity.Account.shippingstate from Quote where id = :qid];
			this.quoteName = quotes[0].Name;
			this.quoteId = quotes[0].Id;
			this.shippingState = quotes[0].Opportunity.Account.shippingstate;
	}

public String getTest () {
		return 'This is a test.';
	}
}

Page:

<apex:page standardController="Quote" extensions="QuoteControllerExtension">
  <body>
  <apex:sectionHeader title="Select Products for Quote: {!quoteName}" Subtitle="Product Selection"/>
    <br/>
    <h3>This SHOULD work but does not</h3>
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote Id: {!Quote.Id}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote: {!Quote.Name}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Shipping State: {!Quote.Opportunity.Account.shippingstate}" />
    <hr/>
    <h3>This will work</h3>
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote Id: {!quoteId}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Quote: {!quoteName}" />
    <br/>
    <apex:outputText value="Shipping State: {!shippingState}" />
    <br/>

Enter your keyword and filter criteria, then click Search to begin your search. Click More filters to use more than one filter. Search results include all records that match both your keyword and filter 
  </body>

• July 22, 2011