• Omni Cable

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey everyone,

I was looking for any feedback people could provide on implementations they have done with Gamification. Any feedback on the package you choose and why vs other packages you looked at? Looking for a developers perspective...

Thanks

• December 03, 2012

Hello all,

I have added the Chatter follow button on a Account Standard controller page with extension in a customer page block, but I was wondering how to get just the button, not the word Follow after the plus button?

Has anyone encountered this? Thanks

• February 15, 2012

Hello,

In our industry we have contacts who by for multiple accounts. We are currenlty cleaning up all these duplicate contacts since they are all assigned to multiple accounts and moving towards a model that contacts who buy for multple accounts are on the Parent Account. But they still want to see the buyers in the child accounts related list. The contacts shouldn't exist on the child, only be visible.

If did a search before posting, and found this but the post was old and I wasn't sure if anyone would see my reply since the original OP didn't report back whether that solution worked for them. Any help with this would be appreciated as I am new to developing for SalesForce.

Thanks

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/New-to-Cloud-Development/Show-Parent-Account-Contacts-from-Child-Account-records/td-p/234403

• January 17, 2012
I have a problem with Account trigger afterupdate event. Below are the problem details. 

Expectation is: Whenever I update a Status column in Account, there is a method in AfterInsertUpdate in trigger which updates the status of custom objects related to Account(child objects)

Problem is : Whenever I update the Status column in Account, trigger fires and executes upto BeforeUpdate event and executes all the methods which are being called in Beforeupdate event. But after this I see in Debug log that some validation fires and after that again BeforeUpdate event starts and I see that oldmap no longer hold the status to which I updated the Account. i.e. oldmap and new values are same, which results in my condition in IF statement not meeting and hence update is not happening. 

Actions Taken: 
I commented the all the methods step by step being called in Before update and checked the logs but no luck. 
2. I Inactivated all update workflows related to Account and checked but no luck again

Thanks in Advance for your help. 

Trigger:
trigger IS_AccountTrigger on Account (after insert, after update, before insert, before update, before delete, after delete) {
    system.debug('reached insisde trigger');
    ISecG_Trigger_Settings__c objTriggerSetting = ISecG_Trigger_Settings__c.getInstance();

if(objTriggerSetting.Enable_Account_Trigger__c) {
        if(Trigger.isAfter && (Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUpdate)) {
            system.debug('reached inside after trigger');
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.afterInsertUpdate();     \\MY METHOD IS BEING CALLED FROM HERE
             if(trigger.isInsert){             
            <CustomClass.CustomMethod>(Trigger.new,Trigger.oldmap); 
             }
        }
        if(Trigger.isBefore && (Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUpdate)) {
            system.debug('reached insisde before trigger@@@@@');
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.beforeInsertUpdate();
         }
        if(trigger.isInsert && trigger.isBefore) {
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.beforeInsert();
        }
        if(trigger.isBefore && trigger.isUpdate) {
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.beforeUpdate();
         }
        if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isDelete) {
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.beforeDelete();
            <CustomClass.CustomMethod>(Trigger.old); 
      }
        if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isDelete) {
            IS_AccountTriggerHandler.afterDelete(Trigger.old);
           }
        }
   }

Hello,

In our industry we have contacts who by for multiple accounts. We are currenlty cleaning up all these duplicate contacts since they are all assigned to multiple accounts and moving towards a model that contacts who buy for multple accounts are on the Parent Account. But they still want to see the buyers in the child accounts related list. The contacts shouldn't exist on the child, only be visible.

If did a search before posting, and found this but the post was old and I wasn't sure if anyone would see my reply since the original OP didn't report back whether that solution worked for them. Any help with this would be appreciated as I am new to developing for SalesForce.

Thanks

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/New-to-Cloud-Development/Show-Parent-Account-Contacts-from-Child-Account-records/td-p/234403

• January 17, 2012

Hi All,

Any Idea of how to create pagination in custom related list.Here is my page and class. I need to display 5 oppty records.If there are more than 5 records then i need to show a link  Show More link which goes to next page and displays all records like below.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="sampleDetailPageCon">
<style>
.fewerMore { display: none;}
</style>
<apex:form >
 <apex:pageMessages />
 <apex:detail relatedList="false"></apex:detail>
<apex:pageblock id="CustomList" title="Related Opportunities"  >
   <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!oppz}" var="o" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(oppz))}">
        <apex:column value="{!o.Name}"/>
        <apex:column value="{!o.Account.Name}"/>
        <apex:column value="{!o.Type}"/>
       <apex:column value="{!o.Amount}"></apex:column>
       <apex:column value="{!o.CloseDate}"/>
   </apex:pageBlockTable>
   <apex:outputLabel value="No records to display" rendered="{!(ISNULL(oppz))}" styleClass="noRowsHeader"></apex:outputLabel>
 </apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

public class sampleDetailPageCon {
    private List<Opportunity> oppz;
    private Contact cntact;
    public sampleDetailPageCon(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        this.cntact= (Contact)controller.getRecord();
    }
    public List<Opportunity> getOppz()
    {
        Contact con = [Select id, Account.id FROM Contact where id = :cntact.id];
        if (con.Account == null)
         return null;
        oppz = [Select id, Name, Account.Name, CloseDate, Amount, Type from Opportunity where Account.id = :con.Account.id];
        return oppz;
    }
}

Thanks

Hi,

I need to put a custom related list on the account detail page and put the Hover link on the top of the page for the custom related list.

I was able to do the custom related list displayed on the bottom of the Account detail page wiring a standard controller extension and visula force page.

Now the problem is How do I place the Hover link on the top of the page for the custom list? I saw couple of threads for the above, but the hover links issue was never discussed?.

Can any one please guide me how can I do this.

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do an import of accounts into Salesforce but I'm coming across a problem.  Once I get to step 3 (mapping) the Mapping Dialog fields do not reflect all of the fields I have for accounts in Salesforce.  It's only displaying random fields, some standard fields aren't even showing up.  The only other system administrator has the same Locale setting (English, US) so I can't imagine that would have anything to do with the problem. 

Does anybody have any ideas??  I've done hundreds of data imports so I'm positive I'm not missing anything here.

Thanks!

-Tom