• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

The issue is the same my mac is OSx 10.10 Yosemite which accepts only java se 7 or higher so i downloaded java se 8 and also installed eclipse luna 64 bit coz eclipse kepler and helios i tried to install they need java se6  not se8 so further i tried to install force.com plugin which installed successfully as i can check from about eclipse>installation details> force.com ide v31 is installed but when i check from perspective it doesn't show up.
i tried to re install plugin, restart eclipse and check in perspective still force.com ide not found 
and in the add repository> the location used to fill up automatically in past and now its empty i need to manually enter the url for force.com ide to download from internet into eclipse luna
please help to resolve this issue asap...Appreciate your help!
  • January 30, 2015
Does anyone have any suggestions to get the Force.com perspective option to appear in Eclipse -- ON OSX Mavericks? 

I installed eclipse, dragged it to Applications, and an able to open it. 
I have followed the instructions here to install the Force.com IDE :https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I have searched, and all the articles, answered questions say to edit eclipse.ini to add an expicit path the the JRE. I've been unable to locate eclipse.ini on OSX. There is a config.ini, but I cannot find a line in that file that appears to be appropriate to edit. 

I have tried Eclipse 4.2 and 4.3, and tried JRE 7, and JRE 8. 

Eclipse-> About Eclipse->Installation Details  shows that Force.com IDE is installed: "Force.com IDE 31.0.0.201406301722 com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group salesforce.com'

I cannot open a Force.com project, and the Perspective is not available as a choice.