• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a macro built out in excel that logs into salesforce and extracts some data. Lately since we moved onto a different server the macro no longer works and shoots us an error as listed below. 

"ActiveX component can't create object" .

On hitting debug, the error is generated at this line in the code:

Set binding = New SForceOfficeToolkitLib4.SForceSession4

I have compared the add-ins that we have for excel on this server and the old server and they are all the same, we do not know whats causing this issue. Any help / direction would be appreciated. 

Regards,
Mihir
Salesforce Experts,

We are having close to 400k contacts in our Salesforce instance, and would like to populate all of these Contacts with their GeoLocation co-ordinates. We would also like to keep these co-ordinates always current. For eg: if a Contact has been assigned a Geolocation co-ordinate today and its address changes tomorrow, we would like to have the geo-location fields updated as well. 

Any ideas / suggestions for approaching this problem ?

Thanks,
Mihir
Hello Co-Developers,

We are using private and public tags in Salesforce, but would like to share the private tags created by one specific user with another member in his team. I wasn't able to see a way to do that, so I went down the apex trigger route. I see triggers are not supported on TagObjects (like TagDefinition and ContactTag). Am I correct about this ? Is there a work-around ?

Please help.

Best,
Mihir
Hello Co-Developers,

We are using private and public tags in Salesforce, but would like to share the private tags created by one specific user with another member in his team. I wasn't able to see a way to do that, so I went down the apex trigger route. I see triggers are not supported on TagObjects (like TagDefinition and ContactTag). Am I correct about this ? Is there a work-around ?

Please help.

Best,
Mihir

I've been using the Office toolkit for a long time, and the documentation certainly implies that it's a supported product (see the bottom of page 11 of the latest rev of the manual)...

But when I filed a case with SFDC, after several days they came back and indicated the toolkit was unsupported.

True??

• December 05, 2011