• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using the latest Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS and when a user logs into Salesforce using my app, the value returned for the user's organizationName is always nil.  All other properties of the SFUserAccount object seem to have values.

If this is a defect then is there a way to query the organization name by using the organization ID?
Is there a better place to ask questions to salesforce about the mobile SDK?
Hi:
Is it possible to load the initial content to a global smartstore at app install rather than downloading the data when the app runs the first time?

Thanks,
Joseph

The documentation for using a global smarstore in a mobile application has this warning:

Important: Do not store user-specific data in global SmartStore. Doing so violates Mobile SDK security requirements because user data can persist after the user logs out. 

Is this warning issued because there is a security requirement that even encrypted user-specific data is not allowed to persist on the device?

If there is a business requirement to persist some user-specific data then would it also be a Mobile SDK security requirement violation to encrypt and store any user-specific salesforce data ouside of a smartstore in a mobile application?

Are the  Mobile SDK Security Requirments published somewhere.

Thanks.
The documentation for using a global smarstore in a mobile application has this warning:

Important: Do not store user-specific data in global SmartStore. Doing so violates Mobile SDK security requirements because user data can persist after the user logs out. 

Is this warning issued because there is a security requirement that even encrypted user-specific data is not allowed to persist on the device?

If there is a business requirement to persist some user-specific data then would it also be a Mobile SDK security requirement violation to encrypt and store any user-specific salesforce data ouside of a smartstore in a mobile application?

Are the  Mobile SDK Security Requirments published somewhere.

Thanks.
In an iOS app created using forceios, for SSO I am trying to establish a unique key using the SFIdentityData orgId and the SFUserAccount organizationName on the currentUser property of the SFUserAccountManager.  The orgId in the currentUser idData is set, but the organizationName on the actual user is nil.
Is this property not actually used? or is it tied to something else on the user in SalesForce that's just not set on the two instances I've tried.
In an iOS app created using forceios, for SSO I am trying to establish a unique key using the SFIdentityData orgId and the SFUserAccount organizationName on the currentUser property of the SFUserAccountManager.  The orgId in the currentUser idData is set, but the organizationName on the actual user is nil.
Is this property not actually used? or is it tied to something else on the user in SalesForce that's just not set on the two instances I've tried.