• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to pass a variable to the controller using action function and apex param. The outputtext value is being by a JS. I don't know if I need to anything different in that case, but the actionfunction is not being called and the passed parameter value is always null.

I am also confused about the function name defined in actionfunction.
Visualforce snippet:

​​​​​​  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 1 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc1"></apex:outputLabel> <apex:outputLabel >12/1/2019 (FY20)</apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 2 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc2" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 3 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc3" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 4 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc4" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Total Amount : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputText value="{!total_calc}" id="total_calc"/>

<apex:actionFunction name="save" action="{!save}" reRender="none" >
                                <apex:param name="totalamt" assignTo="{!total_calc}" value="{!total_calc}"></apex:param>
                   </apex:actionFunction> 
 <div>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit" onclick="save()"/>   

</div>

Apex controller snippet:
 public string total_calc{get;set;}
 public PageReference save()
    {
        try
        {

total_calc = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('totalamt');

System.debug('totalcalchidden...' +  total_calc);
     }
}

Do I have to define the actionfunction save like this?

function save() {
       alert('hi');

}
is that why it is not being called? In the examples I have seen so far, I have not seen this done. 
After entering credentials and security token for force.com IDE, eclipse doesn't go to the next screen or connect to sandbox.  Has anyone experienced this before? I tried selecting other in the dropdown to specify the end point. Still same behavior. Please help, I have been stuck with this error for a day now.
I am trying to pass a variable to the controller using action function and apex param. The outputtext value is being by a JS. I don't know if I need to anything different in that case, but the actionfunction is not being called and the passed parameter value is always null.

I am also confused about the function name defined in actionfunction.
Visualforce snippet:

​​​​​​  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 1 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc1"></apex:outputLabel> <apex:outputLabel >12/1/2019 (FY20)</apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 2 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc2" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 3 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc3" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Installment 4 : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputLabel id="installment_calc4" ></apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputLabel >Total Amount : $</apex:outputLabel><apex:outputText value="{!total_calc}" id="total_calc"/>

<apex:actionFunction name="save" action="{!save}" reRender="none" >
                                <apex:param name="totalamt" assignTo="{!total_calc}" value="{!total_calc}"></apex:param>
                   </apex:actionFunction> 
 <div>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit" onclick="save()"/>   

</div>

Apex controller snippet:
 public string total_calc{get;set;}
 public PageReference save()
    {
        try
        {

total_calc = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('totalamt');

System.debug('totalcalchidden...' +  total_calc);
     }
}

Do I have to define the actionfunction save like this?

function save() {
       alert('hi');

}
is that why it is not being called? In the examples I have seen so far, I have not seen this done.