• 15 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My company is moving a lot of business processes into Salesforce which means that we're going to have to build Salesforce processes to make them work.  BacWe have a small organization with very little Salesforce customization and as we add more, I'd like to make sure that we're doing it right.  I'm the main developer though we have two other people who deal with backend.

As always, Salesforce (the company) recommends no code solutions and flows and process builder will do everything faster and easier but I'm wondering if that's really correct and how you manage different automation processes.  We have a lot of apex (relatively, nothing close to limits) and if it's reasonable to rewrite all or most of it in process builder or flows, now would be a good time to start.

Does anyone have any advice or similar situations? 
I have two different groups who both need to create accounts of different types and who cannot see each others' accounts.  There are admins who might create records for both groups.  I was wondering if there's any way to accomplish that.  I know that I could set up sharing rules but that means that the admins would have to create accounts, save them and then immediately assign them to the appropriate group.  This seems like excess complexity when I want to simply prevent certain users from seeing a certain type of record.  Does anyone know how I could go about doing this or what would be the more appropriate security set up?
I just noticed that the new page layout in lightning has a limited layout that is different than the edit layout.  I have a instructional read only formula that's missing in new and I'd like it back as well as to be able to possibly customize the fields that show up (some don't make sense on creation).  Is there any way to edit the New page layout?
I would like to set up a process that all files are editable by the whole company. I can set each file manually to have whole company collaboration but this is a pain and forces users to memorize steps. I tried to have a trigger on insert that would add a ContentDocumentLink with a link to the org Id and sharing set to C. As far as I can tell, the documentation out there says that what I'm doing is correct.

Apex is below.  It hits the try/ catch below and fails with "12:24:06:252 USER_DEBUG [16]|DEBUG|Exception occurred on insert: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Invalid sharing type C: [ShareType]"
As part of the approval process I wanted to send an email to the person selected as the approver.  The person submitting the request can choose from multiple people to be the approver.  Once this person is selected, there seems to be no way of sending them an email alert.  Am I missing anything?
I know this is probably a very easy question, but I've been googling for hours and I can't figure this out.  How do you upload a new version of a file?  Hopefully I'd like to be able to do this within a custom object that has a related list of files.  But I can't even figure out how to upload from the actual file.  Everything I've read says that there is a button called "upload new version" and I can't find that button anywhere in Lightning or Classic.  Attached is a screenshot.  Can someone please help?
User-added image
Just created a new developer account to try this because I had gotten this error before.  Every time I try this module I get this error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: LJPRLWPV

The error Id changes every time I try submitting it.
I had a more complicated SOQL query that was only returning partial results.  I've since refined it looking to get to the bottom of the issue and I'm stuck in that I can't find a record that I know exists.

The SOQL Query: SELECT Id FROM Task WHERE Id = '00TU00000031qJT'
This query returns nothing.

The record page:
User-added image
A task with that Id definitely exists.
My company is moving a lot of business processes into Salesforce which means that we're going to have to build Salesforce processes to make them work.  BacWe have a small organization with very little Salesforce customization and as we add more, I'd like to make sure that we're doing it right.  I'm the main developer though we have two other people who deal with backend.

As always, Salesforce (the company) recommends no code solutions and flows and process builder will do everything faster and easier but I'm wondering if that's really correct and how you manage different automation processes.  We have a lot of apex (relatively, nothing close to limits) and if it's reasonable to rewrite all or most of it in process builder or flows, now would be a good time to start.

Does anyone have any advice or similar situations? 
I have two different groups who both need to create accounts of different types and who cannot see each others' accounts.  There are admins who might create records for both groups.  I was wondering if there's any way to accomplish that.  I know that I could set up sharing rules but that means that the admins would have to create accounts, save them and then immediately assign them to the appropriate group.  This seems like excess complexity when I want to simply prevent certain users from seeing a certain type of record.  Does anyone know how I could go about doing this or what would be the more appropriate security set up?
I just noticed that the new page layout in lightning has a limited layout that is different than the edit layout.  I have a instructional read only formula that's missing in new and I'd like it back as well as to be able to possibly customize the fields that show up (some don't make sense on creation).  Is there any way to edit the New page layout?
I would like to set up a process that all files are editable by the whole company. I can set each file manually to have whole company collaboration but this is a pain and forces users to memorize steps. I tried to have a trigger on insert that would add a ContentDocumentLink with a link to the org Id and sharing set to C. As far as I can tell, the documentation out there says that what I'm doing is correct.

Apex is below.  It hits the try/ catch below and fails with "12:24:06:252 USER_DEBUG [16]|DEBUG|Exception occurred on insert: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Invalid sharing type C: [ShareType]"
As part of the approval process I wanted to send an email to the person selected as the approver.  The person submitting the request can choose from multiple people to be the approver.  Once this person is selected, there seems to be no way of sending them an email alert.  Am I missing anything?
I know this is probably a very easy question, but I've been googling for hours and I can't figure this out.  How do you upload a new version of a file?  Hopefully I'd like to be able to do this within a custom object that has a related list of files.  But I can't even figure out how to upload from the actual file.  Everything I've read says that there is a button called "upload new version" and I can't find that button anywhere in Lightning or Classic.  Attached is a screenshot.  Can someone please help?
User-added image
Just created a new developer account to try this because I had gotten this error before.  Every time I try this module I get this error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: LJPRLWPV

The error Id changes every time I try submitting it.
I had a more complicated SOQL query that was only returning partial results.  I've since refined it looking to get to the bottom of the issue and I'm stuck in that I can't find a record that I know exists.

The SOQL Query: SELECT Id FROM Task WHERE Id = '00TU00000031qJT'
This query returns nothing.

The record page:
User-added image
A task with that Id definitely exists.
I'm having trouble on this solution as well.  I'm pretty sure I've completed all of the steps but am getting the
"Could not find a properly routed case. Ensure that you've setup Omni-Channel correctly by following the requirements."
error as well.  The issue I seem to be having is that after changing ownership of the case to the queue "High Priority", I am not getting a notification in the Omni-Channel widget box to accept.  It just says "You have no active requests".  Does anyone have any suggestions? 
I have created a dashboard 'Sales Performance' under 'My Private App' and created a third number widget on the Sales Performance dashboard that shows the sum of amount of all lost opportunities. But when I tried to check challenge, I am getting the below error.

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find a dashboard with the label 'Sales Performance' and the name 'Sales_Performance'. Please follow the requirements and ensure everything is setup correctly"

I am sure the 'Sales Performance' dashboard is created correctly.User-added image 
The "API Basics" trailhead has a chapter on "Use SOAP API".  The trailhead has this sentence: "Your security token is emailed to you whenever you reset your password."

When I followed the instructions to reset my password the email sent to me did not have a security token.  Instead I had to reset my security token using these instructions:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=user_security_token.htm&type=5

Once I reset my security token, I received the email with the new token.

I feel the trailhead needs to be updated to instruct users to reset there security token in order to have a new token emailed to you.