• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have the following use case, where our configuration is stretching Salesforce a little bit outside the normal boundaries:

- We are an online lending platform for small and medium business and we get leads from our web application where people register
- When we analyze the company, we get a lot of information. This information doesn't relate to the lead only (financial statements/i.e.) but it is a much more detailed information about the company. So we renamed company into Account.
- Therefore we created a lookup relationship from Lead to account and we will both objects.

However, this produces a number of small issues:
  1. Activity History both in classic or Lightning do not show activities that relates to Leads
  2. Email Template needs to be specific for Leads or Contacts and we need to use  a custom formula field to have Account properties available in Leads templates

Are we breaking the design of salesforce? Do we need to develop custom components to see all related activity history?

Hello,

we have clients that write personally to ourselves and then we forward the email to a shared mailbox which has a forward to salesforce email-to-case address.

The problem is that the original owner of the case is lost, is there any workaround?
My application is working correctly but when I try to check the challenge it fails to pass with:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The campingList JavaScript controller isn't calling 'saveItem' in the Apex class to save the record or setting the 'item' as a parameter for the 'saveItem' action."

Anyone has encoutenred a similar problem?
We are using Salesforce to send automated emails to contacts or leads in production: we have some ETL jobs that copy from our webapps databases to Salesforce.

In order to replicate our production environment in a demo, where we reproduce the complete customer experience, we would need the same emails to be sent as well.

What sort of instace should we use for DEMO? A developer sandbox (we don't need any production data) ? A pure developer instance and then use a tool to copy metadata?

We'd like to create a lightning component that allows user to edit data and resume before committing to Salesforce. What is the best practice in terms of saving the component state? Storing data as JSON in a long text area?

User-added image
Since we switched to Lightning, we have no more "Email button". We added the Email Salesforce1 & Lightning action to the page layout for the Account Record but still we cannot see the button Email appearing next to Log a Call, new Task, new Event
How much Sales Lightning / Service Lightning layouts are customizable? In our case we are looking to hide the "Related" Tab we get when opening a record and replace it with some Lightning components which will be displayed in the Detail section.

Obviously we can remove the related lists section from the record layouts but this would impact our existing users on Salesforce classic. We also know we could create a new App using the Lightning App Builder.

What is the right way to solve our problem? Can Sales Lightning / Service Lightning be customized as we want?

I have really hard time in understanding what I am doing wrong in the assignment. When I try to open my lightning app, I get the following exception:

How are you supposed to debug it?

An internal server error has occurred
Error ID: 1216810559-467770 (-1175146990)

org.auraframework.throwable.quickfix.InvalidDefinitionException: Invalid definition for null:Camping_List_Item__c: null
at .(apex://Camping_List_Item__c)
at aura.impl.apex.utils.AuraApexUtils.getUiTierCompatibleApexType(AuraApexUtils.java:148)
at aura.impl.apex.BaseApexDefFactory.getDef(BaseApexDefFactory.java:28)
at aura.impl.apex.type.ApexTypeDefFactory.getDef(ApexTypeDefFactory.java:100)
at aura.impl.apex.type.ApexTypeDefFactory.getDef(ApexTypeDefFactory.java:1)
at org.auraframework.impl.system.NonCachingDefRegistryImpl.getDef(NonCachingDefRegistryImpl.java:63)
at org.auraframework.impl.DefinitionServiceImpl.fillCompilingDef(DefinitionServiceImpl.java:1433)
at org.auraframework.impl.DefinitionServiceImpl.getHelper(DefinitionServiceImpl.java:14
We are searching globally with a system administrator profile for a specific email and no results are shown. However, when using the "Mass Delete Lead" feature from the Setup, I can find a converted lead with that specific email.
How can converted lead be searchable for users?
One of my process fails when I am importing many records as a part of an ETL job with the following exception: Record rolled back because not all records were valid. In the email I receive it is mentioned a generic "Record rolled back because not all records were valid and the request was using AllOrNone header".  

So far the only solution I have found is to look at each record and see if I spot a validation problem (field too long). Obviously, as I run this as a part of an ETL process, this is very time consuming.

Is there a better way to investigate the issue?
I am using a development instance to complete the Trailhead, but I lost access to it after changing its domain inside a "Getting started with Lightning Components" module.
  • I use to login straight from the Trailhead, so I never had to put my credentials
  • Now after changing the domain from playful-goat-28700-dev-ed to edmondo1984-dev-ed the trailhead direct login doesn't work anymore (still tries to login on old instance which doesn't exist anymore)
  • I tried to reset my password but I didn't manage to, becauase I put wrong birth city ( Did I ever put my birth city in my trailhead account credentials? mmm)

Please help:)
We'd like to create a lightning component that allows user to edit data and resume before committing to Salesforce. What is the best practice in terms of saving the component state? Storing data as JSON in a long text area?

I have really hard time in understanding what I am doing wrong in the assignment. When I try to open my lightning app, I get the following exception:

How are you supposed to debug it?

An internal server error has occurred
Error ID: 1216810559-467770 (-1175146990)

org.auraframework.throwable.quickfix.InvalidDefinitionException: Invalid definition for null:Camping_List_Item__c: null
at aura.impl.apex.utils.AuraApexUtils.getUiTierCompatibleApexType(AuraApexUtils.java:148)
at aura.impl.apex.BaseApexDefFactory.getDef(BaseApexDefFactory.java:28)
at aura.impl.apex.type.ApexTypeDefFactory.getDef(ApexTypeDefFactory.java:100)
at aura.impl.apex.type.ApexTypeDefFactory.getDef(ApexTypeDefFactory.java:1)
at org.auraframework.impl.system.NonCachingDefRegistryImpl.getDef(NonCachingDefRegistryImpl.java:63)
at org.auraframework.impl.DefinitionServiceImpl.fillCompilingDef(DefinitionServiceImpl.java:1433)
at org.auraframework.impl.DefinitionServiceImpl.getHelper(DefinitionServiceImpl.java:14
We have the requiremnet to pull the data from another system which is maintaining the data.
Please let me know how the odata connector will be use on the same to workout and what are the considerations to make sure.