• Salesforce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 
Currently I am struggling to find a configurable solution for my CPQ project. Can anyone guide me?

We have few types of payroll products i.e.  Monthly , weekly, Fortnightly. 
Each payrol product costs an amount. So sales rep has to change the quantity and total will be calcuated for processing each type of payroll. 

However we also charge [employee number * processing charge for each employee] on top of above net. 

I have already cofigured the product as "Cost" and for each, in price rule the forumula on "Markup(amount)" field would be (employee_number *  0.50). 

The issue is Markup is added as Quantity * Markup(Amount). 

So the net total would be [Quantity * cost for each processing]  +  ([Markup(amount)]* quantity)

Any idea how to resolve this?  

Hi All, 

I am bit confused with mentioned best practices in relation to Sandbox refresh. Somewhere I read that sanbox refresh should be done everyday.

Still I can't my get around of whole sandbox refresh concept. Why we even need that?

I thought in small development with one or two developer, each person will get a sandbox on requirement gathering. Finally, the requirements are fullfilled and code should be merged in integration enviornment, which will eventually moved to UAT and development box.
In this whole process why we need to refresh the sandboxes? The Integration environment will always be a copy of Production unless you make the urgent changes, directly, on production. 

In larger team, I guess other developers might need the recent changes which are just applied by someone on development box. However it doesn't mean other developers changes also will wipe out and need to recreate everything?

Hi,
I have registered to promotional page of Salesforce DX with my company email address and username companyemailaddress.devhub.
I did get an email to verify the account. Clicking on it displays the page with password and username. Anyway which send me another email with link : https://firefly-serenity-146775.my.salesforce.com, which also redirect me to password and username page.

How to login into the org?

Hi All, 

I am bit confused with mentioned best practices in relation to Sandbox refresh. Somewhere I read that sanbox refresh should be done everyday.

Still I can't my get around of whole sandbox refresh concept. Why we even need that?

I thought in small development with one or two developer, each person will get a sandbox on requirement gathering. Finally, the requirements are fullfilled and code should be merged in integration enviornment, which will eventually moved to UAT and development box.
In this whole process why we need to refresh the sandboxes? The Integration environment will always be a copy of Production unless you make the urgent changes, directly, on production. 

In larger team, I guess other developers might need the recent changes which are just applied by someone on development box. However it doesn't mean other developers changes also will wipe out and need to recreate everything?

Hi,
I am trying to read the body of attachment and writing in a text file using Python. Below is the sample code. 
import urllib
import requests
import base64
import json
from simple_salesforce import Salesforce
import urllib.request as urllib

instance = ''

sf = Salesforce(username='username', password='password', security_token='security_token')
sessionId = sf.session_id

attachment = sf.query("SELECT id, name,Body FROM Attachment where parentID =''")
body = ""

req = urllib.Request('https://%s.salesforce.com/services/data/v38.0/sobjects/Attachment/<id>/Body/' % instance,
    headers = { 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Authorization': 'Bearer %s' % sessionId })
f = urllib.urlopen(req)
f1 = open("demofile.txt", "wb")
for x in f:
    f1.write(x)
f.close()
f1.close()
But, I am getting below error.
f1.write(x)
TypeError: write() argument must be str, not bytes
Please correct me, if something is wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Diwakar G