• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to create a regex that is created on the fly given two values of the record's two fields. This regex will be used as a validation of a text field input at a Flow.

For this I'm thinking of creating a Formula Text variable with the following content;
\\-?\\d{1,{!nextRecord.First_Field__c}}(\\,\\d{0,{!nextRecord.Second_Field__c}})?
If I place it like that, saving will tell me that de syntax is wrong. By placing it between quotes it allows me to activate de flow.
"\\-?\\d{1,{!nextRecord.First_Field__c}}(\\,\\d{0,{!nextRecord.Second_Field__c}})?"
When I get to the display where I have the field input, the regex seems to arrive with the literal of the field I placed instead of being replaced with the value of those fields, something like this;
\-?\d{1,nextRecord.First_Field__c}(\,\d{0,nextRecord.Second_Field__c})?-1
The Regex with this value is not working.
Any way to be able to create this kind of regex where I can put a Field value into it?

Thank you very much.

• May 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a very peculiar situation. For the creation of a particular record I need the Automated Process User Id, up to now this is the way I obtained it.

[SELECT Id FROM User Where Name = 'Automated Process']
Everything was correct until a new user arrived that set his profile Locale to Chinese.

Now this previous Query does not work as the name for the "Automated Process" user has changed to "Process Automated", giving 0 results for this query.

Is there a proper way to retrieve this "Automated Process" user without having the name issue because the Users locale?
  • April 21, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've a situation where a record has a set of values in a text field received from an integration and this values need to be displayed as a Picklist in a Flow Screen. As this values change for each record I can't make a picklist field.

In the event of being able to split this value into a string of values, I can't seem to be able to create e picklist value set from this values, it will always ask me to choose an existing picklist field for an Object.

Is it possible to create a Picklist Choice Set for the Flow where I set the values it should have?

I don't seem to find any other way to represent that field as a Picklist on a Flow.
  • April 02, 2020
Hello everyone, 

This may sound a bit redundant as I have found the followind idea to show all records at the lookup window.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000kxgoAAA. So this question may have an answer already.

But, I have a user that assures that at one point the Lookup search popups allowed them to search every record by placing a '*' wildcard. I can't seem to be able to make this to work. I found that if I search 'S*, I will get every record that contains that letter S.

Does anyone know if at some point the '*' was working but was later removed for performance purposes? Or is there a wildcard combination of characters that allow getting all records?

Thank you very much.
  • April 02, 2019
Hello, I am having some problems making the following work.

I have an ApexTable that contains some required fields from an sObject. When pressing a button that will execute some extra functionality at the elements of the table, I need to prevent the validation message to appear at the required fields.

Placing the immediate attribute to the commandButton seems to work when I press the Button that appears at the top, but when I press the bottom one, the messages will still appear.

Given that the two buttons are the same as I declared it at the PageBlockButtons, I do not undestand what the problem may be.

Here is a photo of the situation. When pressing the"Add line" button, a new line will be created. When the bottom one is the pressed button, the validation errors will appear when it does not if I press the top one.

Validation appears when immediate = True
Here is the piece of code that declares the button:

<apex:commandButton
value="Add Line"
action="{!addNewLineItem}"
onclick="loadingSpinner(true);"
oncomplete="loadingSpinner(false);"
reRender="tableItems,errorMessage"
rendered="{!showAddLineButton}"
immediate="true"
/>

*loadingSpinner is a Javascript method that places a loading image at the page until the process ends.

Can someone give a hint on whato check?
  • March 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a very peculiar situation. For the creation of a particular record I need the Automated Process User Id, up to now this is the way I obtained it.

Everything was correct until a new user arrived that set his profile Locale to Chinese.

Now this previous Query does not work as the name for the "Automated Process" user has changed to "Process Automated", giving 0 results for this query.

Is there a proper way to retrieve this "Automated Process" user without having the name issue because the Users locale?
  • April 21, 2020
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to create a regex that is created on the fly given two values of the record's two fields. This regex will be used as a validation of a text field input at a Flow.

For this I'm thinking of creating a Formula Text variable with the following content;
\\-?\\d{1,{!nextRecord.First_Field__c}}(\\,\\d{0,{!nextRecord.Second_Field__c}})?
If I place it like that, saving will tell me that de syntax is wrong. By placing it between quotes it allows me to activate de flow.
"\\-?\\d{1,{!nextRecord.First_Field__c}}(\\,\\d{0,{!nextRecord.Second_Field__c}})?"
When I get to the display where I have the field input, the regex seems to arrive with the literal of the field I placed instead of being replaced with the value of those fields, something like this;
\-?\d{1,nextRecord.First_Field__c}(\,\d{0,nextRecord.Second_Field__c})?-1
The Regex with this value is not working.
Any way to be able to create this kind of regex where I can put a Field value into it?

Thank you very much.

• May 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

• April 21, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've a situation where a record has a set of values in a text field received from an integration and this values need to be displayed as a Picklist in a Flow Screen. As this values change for each record I can't make a picklist field.

In the event of being able to split this value into a string of values, I can't seem to be able to create e picklist value set from this values, it will always ask me to choose an existing picklist field for an Object.

Is it possible to create a Picklist Choice Set for the Flow where I set the values it should have?

I don't seem to find any other way to represent that field as a Picklist on a Flow.
  • April 02, 2020
Hello, I am having some problems making the following work.

I have an ApexTable that contains some required fields from an sObject. When pressing a button that will execute some extra functionality at the elements of the table, I need to prevent the validation message to appear at the required fields.

Placing the immediate attribute to the commandButton seems to work when I press the Button that appears at the top, but when I press the bottom one, the messages will still appear.

Given that the two buttons are the same as I declared it at the PageBlockButtons, I do not undestand what the problem may be.

Here is a photo of the situation. When pressing the"Add line" button, a new line will be created. When the bottom one is the pressed button, the validation errors will appear when it does not if I press the top one.

Validation appears when immediate = True
Here is the piece of code that declares the button:

<apex:commandButton
value="Add Line"
action="{!addNewLineItem}"
onclick="loadingSpinner(true);"
oncomplete="loadingSpinner(false);"
reRender="tableItems,errorMessage"
rendered="{!showAddLineButton}"
immediate="true"
/>

*loadingSpinner is a Javascript method that places a loading image at the page until the process ends.

Can someone give a hint on whato check?
  • March 20, 2019