• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi. I would be grateful for any help with this problem.

I'm developing an Excel integration with Salesforce REST API, using the username-password authentication flow. Everything works fine when I connect to an organization/user account that I set up myself. If I make my IP address trusted, I can authenticate with just my username and password. Otherwise I have to add my security token, as expected.

The problem arises when I try to connect to my client's Salesforce organization, with a user account he created for me. (By "client" I mean a business client, not a software client!) Since I know he hasn't made my IP address trusted, I'm adding my security token. Nevertheless, Authentication fails every time, with the usual authentication failure body: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"authentication failure"}

The only difference between the successful and unsuccessful authentication attempts is which user credentials they're sending. I know I've got the right username and password for the failing account, as I can use them to log in to the Salesforce website. And I'm using the security token that Salesforce emailed me. I've even tried resetting the security token, but I had no more success with the new one.

.So what possible difference could there be between the two accounts that could explain why one succeeds and the other fails? Looking at the User profiles on the website, I can't see any differences that look significant. Both have "API Enabled" checked. Could it be a difference between the organizations, rather the users? I don't remember selecting any special permissions when I created my own organization/user. Any ideas?

I'm developing an Excel integration with Salesforce REST API, using the username-password authentication flow. Everything works fine when I connect to an organization/user account that I set up myself. If I make my IP address trusted, I can authenticate with just my username and password. Otherwise I have to add my security token, as expected.

The problem arises when I try to connect to my client's Salesforce organization, with a user account he created for me. (By "client" I mean a business client, not a software client!) Since I know he hasn't made my IP address trusted, I'm adding my security token. Nevertheless, Authentication fails every time, with the usual authentication failure body: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"authentication failure"}

The only difference between the successful and unsuccessful authentication attempts is which user credentials they're sending. I know I've got the right username and password for the failing account, as I can use them to log in to the Salesforce website. And I'm using the security token that Salesforce emailed me. I've even tried resetting the security token, but I had no more success with the new one.

.So what possible difference could there be between the two accounts that could explain why one succeeds and the other fails? Looking at the User profiles on the website, I can't see any differences that look significant. Both have "API Enabled" checked. Could it be a difference between the organizations, rather the users? I don't remember selecting any special permissions when I created my own organization/user. Any ideas?

Dear all,

I am new to Salesforce. I created a developer environment, and a test Connected App, so that I can test making REST API calls.
The problem is that I cannot locate the consumer key and consumer secret for my app. I have read people had similar issues in the past, but their solution didn't work for me.
I attach a screenshot of my app details. According to the docs, this is where I should see consumer key and consumer secret.

User-added image

Thanks for the help!

Daniele