• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I'm new to salesforce and have been working on a flow to update a custom object with an Account. What I have done is to create a simple flow with a form element which I have a lookup input on.  However I am having trouble getting the form to work.

My expectation is that when the form loads I will get a field that would allow me search for an account that exists within my org.

form setup
It is my understanding that:

API Name - is the name for this component on this form
Field API Name - is the name of the object field, so in this case is Name, but could have been another field on the Account object so long as it's searchable
Label - Is what shows on the form next to the component
Object API Name - is the API name of the object I want to search for. In this case Account, but could have been a custom object Something_c 
Record Id - The object I want the look up value stored in.  I have a salesLead object with an account look up. 
Required - Would be if I wanted this to be validated as a required field

I have set up a record set of accounts. with the API name accounts as I thought I may need that but this doesn't work when I've tried using that in the lookup set up.

What I am finding is that when I run my flow the form loads but the Lookup is blank and does not search for any values. 

Please can someone point out where I've gone wrong, or if what I'm trying to do is not possible?

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to salesforce and have been working on a flow to update a custom object with an Account. What I have done is to create a simple flow with a form element which I have a lookup input on.  However I am having trouble getting the form to work.

My expectation is that when the form loads I will get a field that would allow me search for an account that exists within my org.

form setup
It is my understanding that:

API Name - is the name for this component on this form
Field API Name - is the name of the object field, so in this case is Name, but could have been another field on the Account object so long as it's searchable
Label - Is what shows on the form next to the component
Object API Name - is the API name of the object I want to search for. In this case Account, but could have been a custom object Something_c 
Record Id - The object I want the look up value stored in.  I have a salesLead object with an account look up. 
Required - Would be if I wanted this to be validated as a required field

I have set up a record set of accounts. with the API name accounts as I thought I may need that but this doesn't work when I've tried using that in the lookup set up.

What I am finding is that when I run my flow the form loads but the Lookup is blank and does not search for any values. 

Please can someone point out where I've gone wrong, or if what I'm trying to do is not possible?

Thanks