• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In the documentation for lightning web components, it specifies how to make a component width aware.  Is there any way to make it aware of which region it is in on the page (i.e. on the right side vs. the left side)?
I am testing an Apex class that queries topics.  When creating test data, I am running into an issue with regards to Topics.  If I attempt to create topics for testing that happen to match real topics, then I get an error that says that the topic already exists.  However, if I query topics in the test class, then I get 0 results.  I'd like to run these tests without using seeAllData=true. Has anyone ever encounterd this before?  Any ideas as to how to get test topics to use in my testing?
Hi community,

I created a new scratch org for developing a new lightning web component.  I'm trying to debug it, but I can't see any debug logs in either the developer console or in settings.  I also tried pulling the from the CLI and it says that there aren't any logs.  I have set user and Apex class trace flags, but still no logs.  I know that the class is being called because it's returning data to the lightning web component.  Has anyone else encoutered this problem?
We have a chat using embedded services on one of our web pages.  What I would like to be able to do is have the chat window automatically begin at the prechat page when the page loads if there is a given url parameter present.  Is there any way to do this?
Hi community,

I created a new scratch org for developing a new lightning web component.  I'm trying to debug it, but I can't see any debug logs in either the developer console or in settings.  I also tried pulling the from the CLI and it says that there aren't any logs.  I have set user and Apex class trace flags, but still no logs.  I know that the class is being called because it's returning data to the lightning web component.  Has anyone else encoutered this problem?
We have a chat using embedded services on one of our web pages.  What I would like to be able to do is have the chat window automatically begin at the prechat page when the page loads if there is a given url parameter present.  Is there any way to do this?
Hello,
Disclaimer* I am an Admin with no knowledge of code, but I have to build a process and flow. In order to do this, I need this trigger to accomplish. I have created a custom field on the Account object called "Primary Contact Email." I need a trigger that will update this field with the Primary Contact's (lookup on the Account) email. Right now I have: 

trigger UpdateAccountEmails on Contact (after update) {
    Map<Id, Account> m = new Map<Id, Account>();
    for(Contact c : Trigger.new){
        if (Trigger.oldMap.get(c.Id).Email != c.Email) {
            m.put(c.AccountId, new Account(Id = c.AccountId, Primary_Contact_Email__c = c.Email));
        }
    }
    update m.values();

Can anyone help me? Thanks!
I've done quite a bit of research to figure out if this is possible in Salesforce Classic and haven't found anything... It seems like it would be possible but I am not sure. I am basically looking to create an overlay or a menu that can pop in and out by clicking an arrow displayed on the right side of Salesforce. Pretty much exactly like the basic setup menu that is available for admins to use when a record is open. I'm wanting this menu to allow users to see details of certain records. For instance, if I want a certain account record to stay on the screen while I go look at a contact record, I can have that on the overlay and have it follow wherever I go. If I scroll, it follows. If I go to a different record, it follows. I can hide it and display it by clicking on the arrow.
My company is moving a lot of business processes into Salesforce which means that we're going to have to build Salesforce processes to make them work.  BacWe have a small organization with very little Salesforce customization and as we add more, I'd like to make sure that we're doing it right.  I'm the main developer though we have two other people who deal with backend.

As always, Salesforce (the company) recommends no code solutions and flows and process builder will do everything faster and easier but I'm wondering if that's really correct and how you manage different automation processes.  We have a lot of apex (relatively, nothing close to limits) and if it's reasonable to rewrite all or most of it in process builder or flows, now would be a good time to start.

Does anyone have any advice or similar situations?