• 40 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I dleleted the original question I posted as I had the wrong criteria.

We have a Process Builder that is sending a pre class confirmation email 7 days prior to the class start date. Part of the criteria is that the scheduling Status=Completed so why would emails still be sent when the criteria on the Training Event = Void?

In one example I'm looking at the TE was created on 5/22/23 with a class start date initially of 8/9/23. The start date, while 'In-Discussion' status, was changed around a little but always occuring in early August and ended up being set to 8/5/23. The Scheduling status was then set to Completed on 6/15/23. Then on 7/6/23 the Scheduling Status was changed from Completed to VOID.

So why might the email still have sent 7 days prior to 8.5.23 when the status no longer matched the criteria=Completed when it was changed to Void on 7/6/23?

Does the system check the criteria one last time to make sure everything still matches before sending the email? That's what a Salesforce support agent told me years ago so not sure if that's true today but would seem if was checking on 7/29/23 it would have seen the VOID status no longer matched the criteria Scheduling Status=Completed. And thus the email should not have been sent.

So any ideas at all why the email was sent out ? 

Hi,

I have a formula working to restrict 2 picklist options (Feature , Enhancement) to most users but does allow them to select a Third option (Fix) when creating a NEW record. Can I add something to the same VR to then prevent the users from editing the record and selcting either 'Feature' or Enhancement'? Below is the piece of the VR that would prevent Dale Doback from selecting 'Feature' or 'Enhancement' when creating the record but Dale CAN save the new record with 'Fix' selected. But Dale is then able to edit the PL on the NEW record he created and change 'Fix' to either 'Feature' or 'Enhancement'.(but should not be able to do that) what can I add to the VR to prevent him from doing that edit and selecting either of those 2 PL options ? (In other words Dale is only ever able to set 'FIX' in the configuration request type...he should never be able to select 'Feature' or 'enhancement')

AND(
ISNEW(),
OR(ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Feature'), ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Enhancement')),
OR($User.Id !="005d000000xxxxxx", /*John Doe*/

Thanks.
Hi,

Is is possible to restrict access to a picklist on record creation with a VR? Meaning if only certain users are allowed to create a NEW record with any of the values in a certain PL can this be done with a VR or is a trigger needed?

Thanks.
Hello,

We have a flow email that WILL trigger when you make a manual update to an Account but when using a tool to do the same update the email does not send. Any ideas on what is preventing the email from going out?

The email is to alert the billing contact on an Account when the Invoicing Status is made 'Terminated' and the Inv Status Reason is made 'Non Payment'. This morning I did that change MANUALLY on a test account and I got the email. When I first tried the update with DemandTools I got no email. (??)

What are we missing so that the bulk updates with a tool will trigger the email?

Thanks,

Mike
I have this validation rule below which DOES work as intended (1. require the field for ALL NEW Opportunities. 2. require the field during an edit on existing Opportunities that were created after 8/28/21 );

IF(ISNEW(), AND( TODAY() > DATE(2021,08,28), ISPICKVAL( Type ,'No Contract/Upsell'),
ISBLANK(TEXT(NC_U_Reason__c))), AND ( DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) > DATE(2021,08,28),ISBLANK(TEXT(NC_U_Reason__c) )))

But there is this Error that occurs now on a NEW opportunity, can you tell me how to resolve this? 

Problem: With a newer Opportunity created with Type = No Contract/Upsell and NC/U Reason chosen, if I save and then edit the Type, it does not allow me to remove the NC/U Reason.

Error Shown: still gives the VR error message "If you select 'No Contract/Upsell' in Type then the 'NC/U Reason' field is required"

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create new No Contract/Upsell Opportunity, set NC/U reason to anything
  2. Edit Opportunity Type to something other than No Contract/Upsell. Save.
  3. Attempt to change NC/U Reason to “None” – error results.
Thanks!
Hi,

I have this opportunity VR that is working as expected for NEW opportunities so we're good with that piece...;

AND(ISNEW(), TODAY() > DATE(2021,08,28), ISPICKVAL( Type ,'No Contract/Upsell'), ISBLANK(TEXT(NC_U_Reason__c)))

But the intent was also to require NC_U_Reason__c when an existing Opportunity is EDITED as well, AS LONG AS the Created date was after 8/28/21.

Is this possible to do both in the same rule? Can you help with the update to this rule to do both? 

Thanks!

Hello, I need to create a validation rule to require a picklist based on a Type value but only for new Opportunities. 

So on any Opportunity with created date = or > 8/28/21 when Type= 'No contract/Upsell' then the 'NC/U Reason' picklist is required .

Can you assist?

I have 2 picklists ('ED/VP Invoicing Approver' and 'Invoice Justification')  that I need a validation rule to require the specific value 'Special Approval' in Invoice Justification IF and approver name is selected in ED/VP Invoicing Approver.

In other words;

When ED/VP Invoicing Approver is entered, Invoice Justification = Special Approval is required

I'm not sure how to require the specific value in the second picklist ... suggestions?
I have a request from the business to send an email to the Account billing contact on the 5th of every month for any Account that has >$0 in the "AR 1-30 days" field. How can this be accomplished? This doesn't appear possible with PB or Workflows as they only allow you to schedule an action X days before OR after <date_field> . 

Thanks.

We have a Process Builder that is sending a pre class confirmation email 7 days prior to the class start date. Part of the criteria is that the scheduling Status=Completed so why would emails still be sent when the criteria on the Training Event = Void?

In one example I'm looking at the TE was created on 5/22/23 with a class start date initially of 8/9/23. The start date, while 'In-Discussion' status, was changed around a little but always occuring in early August and ended up being set to 8/5/23. The Scheduling status was then set to Completed on 6/15/23. Then on 7/6/23 the Scheduling Status was changed from Completed to VOID.

So why might the email still have sent 7 days prior to 8.5.23 when the status no longer matched the criteria=Completed when it was changed to Void on 7/6/23?

Does the system check the criteria one last time to make sure everything still matches before sending the email? That's what a Salesforce support agent told me years ago so not sure if that's true today but would seem if was checking on 7/29/23 it would have seen the VOID status no longer matched the criteria Scheduling Status=Completed. And thus the email should not have been sent.

Hi,

I have a formula working to restrict 2 picklist options (Feature , Enhancement) to most users but does allow them to select a Third option (Fix) when creating a NEW record. Can I add something to the same VR to then prevent the users from editing the record and selcting either 'Feature' or Enhancement'? Below is the piece of the VR that would prevent Dale Doback from selecting 'Feature' or 'Enhancement' when creating the record but Dale CAN save the new record with 'Fix' selected. But Dale is then able to edit the PL on the NEW record he created and change 'Fix' to either 'Feature' or 'Enhancement'.(but should not be able to do that) what can I add to the VR to prevent him from doing that edit and selecting either of those 2 PL options ? (In other words Dale is only ever able to set 'FIX' in the configuration request type...he should never be able to select 'Feature' or 'enhancement')

AND(
ISNEW(),
OR(ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Feature'), ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Enhancement')),
OR($User.Id !="005d000000xxxxxx", /*John Doe*/

Thanks.
Hi,

Is is possible to restrict access to a picklist on record creation with a VR? Meaning if only certain users are allowed to create a NEW record with any of the values in a certain PL can this be done with a VR or is a trigger needed?

Thanks.
Hello,

We have a flow email that WILL trigger when you make a manual update to an Account but when using a tool to do the same update the email does not send. Any ideas on what is preventing the email from going out?

The email is to alert the billing contact on an Account when the Invoicing Status is made 'Terminated' and the Inv Status Reason is made 'Non Payment'. This morning I did that change MANUALLY on a test account and I got the email. When I first tried the update with DemandTools I got no email. (??)

What are we missing so that the bulk updates with a tool will trigger the email?

Thanks,

Mike
I have this validation rule below which DOES work as intended (1. require the field for ALL NEW Opportunities. 2. require the field during an edit on existing Opportunities that were created after 8/28/21 );

IF(ISNEW(), AND( TODAY() > DATE(2021,08,28), ISPICKVAL( Type ,'No Contract/Upsell'),
ISBLANK(TEXT(NC_U_Reason__c))), AND ( DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) > DATE(2021,08,28),ISBLANK(TEXT(NC_U_Reason__c) )))

But there is this Error that occurs now on a NEW opportunity, can you tell me how to resolve this? 

Problem: With a newer Opportunity created with Type = No Contract/Upsell and NC/U Reason chosen, if I save and then edit the Type, it does not allow me to remove the NC/U Reason.

Error Shown: still gives the VR error message "If you select 'No Contract/Upsell' in Type then the 'NC/U Reason' field is required"

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create new No Contract/Upsell Opportunity, set NC/U reason to anything
  2. Edit Opportunity Type to something other than No Contract/Upsell. Save.
  3. Attempt to change NC/U Reason to “None” – error results.
Thanks!
Hello, I need to create a validation rule to require a picklist based on a Type value but only for new Opportunities. 

So on any Opportunity with created date = or > 8/28/21 when Type= 'No contract/Upsell' then the 'NC/U Reason' picklist is required .

Can you assist?

I have 2 picklists ('ED/VP Invoicing Approver' and 'Invoice Justification')  that I need a validation rule to require the specific value 'Special Approval' in Invoice Justification IF and approver name is selected in ED/VP Invoicing Approver.

In other words;

When ED/VP Invoicing Approver is entered, Invoice Justification = Special Approval is required

I'm not sure how to require the specific value in the second picklist ... suggestions?