• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Periodically - there is not any consistent pattern - using one of my DJ maps to append account records I get the error Error 1204 inserting record: Required fields are missing: [name]  The same batch load process might have worked fine the day before or even the same day.

Is this a connection issue that the error is just misleading ?  What is it trying to map?  The account name field is just that 'Account Name'...

Help...no one seems to monitor the DJ boards.

Thanks

Is it possible to enable the Translation Workbench in the developer edition for a general review? 

What is the best way to import our customizations and a sample portion of data into the developer edition?

Any tips or experiences with multi-language/multi-currency support would also be appreciated!

AB

Is there a reason a custom auto-generated number field (viewable,non-editable) would not be populated when a user imports accounts using the wizard?

The field populates correctly using the api or the create new account screen.

Thxs,

ab

Please excuse my ignorance as I am just staring to invesitgate sforce and ways to customize our applications.  This is what I need to do and have just confused myself more by reading the documentation and discussions.  Here is what I need to do:

Create a custom auto-number field to relate customers to external applications.  Ok so far.

Create another custom field that stores the auto-number id (CCN) of the Ultimate Parent account and display on the Account view. This I will populate manually since sf can't do the hierarchal lookup.

This is where the confusion sets in - We need the Ultimate Parent CCN to be a hyperlink to the Ultimate  Parent Account page and display that Account.  Similar to the 'View Hierarchy' of the Parent-Child relationship or the direct link to the direct parent, I just need to skip directly to the top level.

What would be the best approach or step by step process to accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

abates

Periodically - there is not any consistent pattern - using one of my DJ maps to append account records I get the error Error 1204 inserting record: Required fields are missing: [name]  The same batch load process might have worked fine the day before or even the same day.

Is this a connection issue that the error is just misleading ?  What is it trying to map?  The account name field is just that 'Account Name'...

Help...no one seems to monitor the DJ boards.

Thanks

Is it possible to enable the Translation Workbench in the developer edition for a general review? 

What is the best way to import our customizations and a sample portion of data into the developer edition?

Any tips or experiences with multi-language/multi-currency support would also be appreciated!

AB

Is there a reason a custom auto-generated number field (viewable,non-editable) would not be populated when a user imports accounts using the wizard?

The field populates correctly using the api or the create new account screen.

Thxs,

ab

Hi,

As there is no access to reports via the api now is there a way to simulate the "last activity" checkbox on the "accounts general" section of accounts reporting via the api?

Thanks.

• October 12, 2004