• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am new to sfdc and looking at the customer portal as a candidate solution for the requirements I have.

Whatever I have seen of sf.com is pretty impressive, but since there are so many things, I feel that I might not have exhausted all my options when thinking that some of the requirements I have cannot be achieved with the current functionality. Please suggest/advise

Requirements:

- Application is totally deployed/customized at sf.com site, no possibility of deployment in house (no webservices/custom app)

- Customer portal has self registration not tied to contacts (as far as I could see there had to be contacts for new users to sign up)

- Customers must select at least one (or more) organizations to associate with at first login, subsequently the orgs can be updated by the customer ( but should retain at least one). I was able to expose Opportunities to the customer portal, but unsure how the forced association could be achieved.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

i am trying to create an attachment to an opportunity and seem to get this error in my SaveOptions.

Required fields are missing: [Body]

The code snippet is below and I am setting the Body. Any ideas, what i am doing wrong, please let me know.

Attachment att = new Attachment();
          att.setBody(docStream);
          att.setParentId(oppKey.getPublicId());
          att.setName(sforceDocName);
          att.setBodyLength(docInfo.getSize());
          SObject[] sObjects = new SObject[1];
          sObjects[0] = att;
          SaveResult[] saveResults = sforceBinding.create(sObjects, sh , new SaveOptions());
          if (saveResults[0].getSuccess())
          {
           // No errors, so we will retrieve the id created for this index
           System.out.println("Attachment with id " + saveResults[0].getId());
          }
        else
          {
            System.out.println("Error during creation of attachment " + saveResults[0].getErrors());
          }

Hi ,

I am using weblogic clientgen to convert the WSDL  to client stubs and am facing this issue. Anyone tried this and faced similar issue?

E:\sforceWeblogicVentaso>java -cp e:\wl810\server\lib\weblogic.jar;e:\wl810\serv
er\lib\webservices.jar;E:\wl810\jdk141_03\lib\tools.jar; weblogic.webservice.cli
entgen -wsdl sforceenterprise.wsdl -packageName sforce -clientJar sforce.jar
weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParseException: ERROR[WSDL Parser]:There is
no name attribute found for soap:fault in binding operation <operation  name="lo
gin">
 <soap:operation   soapAction="">
 </soap:operation>
 <input>
  <soap:body    parts="parameters"
    use="literal">
  </soap:body>
 </input>
 <output>
  <soap:body    use="literal">
  </soap:body>
 </output>
 <fault   name="LoginFault">
  <soap:fault    use="literal">
  </soap:fault>
 </fault>
 <fault   name="UnexpectedErrorFault">
  <soap:fault    use="literal">
  </soap:fault>
 </fault>
</operation>
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.assertion(WSDLParser.java:
750)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.parseBindingOperation(WSDL
Parser.java:511)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.parseBinding(WSDLParser.ja
va:277)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.parsePort(WSDLParser.java:
217)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.parseService(WSDLParser.ja
va:169)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.parseDefinition(WSDLParser
.java:117)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.visit(WSDLParser.java:97)
        at weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWSDL(WebServiceFactor
y.java:110)
        at weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWSDL(WebServiceFactor
y.java:84)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.build.internal.ClientGenImpl.getWSRunTimeFr
omWSDL(ClientGenImpl.java:735)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.build.internal.ClientGenImpl.doClientGenFro
mWsdl(ClientGenImpl.java:410)
        at weblogic.webservice.tools.build.internal.ClientGenImpl.run(ClientGenI
mpl.java:343)
        at weblogic.webservice.clientgen.doClientGen(clientgen.java:194)
        at weblogic.webservice.clientgen.runBody(clientgen.java:86)
        at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:146)
        at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:103)
        at weblogic.webservice.clientgen.main(clientgen.java:213)

Hi,

I think I am doing something wrong here but really can't figure out what. Maybe someone can help?

I am integrating an opportunity over and I can the id to be =  00630000000oOem

http://localhost:8080/sforce/Login?taskId=oppGenerate&oppPublicId=00630000000oOem

but when i query the OpporunityContactsRole and get the opportunity id I get it as 00630000000oOemAA

Confused about this.

Any help is appreciated. I am blocked because of this right now.

Hi,

I have a developer edition and need to understand how to gain access to this new feature. Does this have to be enabled for the developer edition too? Also if you can point me to some tutorials or documents about this it will be great.

Thanks

Hi,

I am a newbie to salesForce and am in the process of implementing using the 2.5 Web services available. I had a question about the possibility of listening to events like, creation/updation of Opportunity, Accounts etc. Is there a way for me to register my program so that I could receive notification events when these events occur?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a developer edition and need to understand how to gain access to this new feature. Does this have to be enabled for the developer edition too? Also if you can point me to some tutorials or documents about this it will be great.

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to sfdc and looking at the customer portal as a candidate solution for the requirements I have.

Whatever I have seen of sf.com is pretty impressive, but since there are so many things, I feel that I might not have exhausted all my options when thinking that some of the requirements I have cannot be achieved with the current functionality. Please suggest/advise

Requirements:

- Application is totally deployed/customized at sf.com site, no possibility of deployment in house (no webservices/custom app)

- Customer portal has self registration not tied to contacts (as far as I could see there had to be contacts for new users to sign up)

- Customers must select at least one (or more) organizations to associate with at first login, subsequently the orgs can be updated by the customer ( but should retain at least one). I was able to expose Opportunities to the customer portal, but unsure how the forced association could be achieved.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

i am trying to create an attachment to an opportunity and seem to get this error in my SaveOptions.

Required fields are missing: [Body]

The code snippet is below and I am setting the Body. Any ideas, what i am doing wrong, please let me know.

Attachment att = new Attachment();
          att.setBody(docStream);
          att.setParentId(oppKey.getPublicId());
          att.setName(sforceDocName);
          att.setBodyLength(docInfo.getSize());
          SObject[] sObjects = new SObject[1];
          sObjects[0] = att;
          SaveResult[] saveResults = sforceBinding.create(sObjects, sh , new SaveOptions());
          if (saveResults[0].getSuccess())
          {
           // No errors, so we will retrieve the id created for this index
           System.out.println("Attachment with id " + saveResults[0].getId());
          }
        else
          {
            System.out.println("Error during creation of attachment " + saveResults[0].getErrors());
          }

Hi,

I think I am doing something wrong here but really can't figure out what. Maybe someone can help?

I am integrating an opportunity over and I can the id to be =  00630000000oOem

http://localhost:8080/sforce/Login?taskId=oppGenerate&oppPublicId=00630000000oOem

but when i query the OpporunityContactsRole and get the opportunity id I get it as 00630000000oOemAA

Confused about this.

Any help is appreciated. I am blocked because of this right now.

Hi,

Thanks