• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I will probably post this on the crm success product board, too, but for now has anyone had success on pre-sharing accounts when loading the accounts from a backend erp system into sfdc via the API? We have come across possibly 100's of accounts with two owners for commission purposes. They vary too much to be considered teams. Therefore, the developer I am working with and I are trying to find script that would allow us to pre-share the accounts upon their data load each morning based on the 2 owners who own them. It's too time consuming to try to manually share the accounts myself. I appreciate your help in advance.

Jennifer
I am an admin asking this on behalf of a new developer I am working with.

Can we replicate our original sf.com custom environment within our Sforce developer account? We would rather practice there than on the original data.

Also, if this is possible, where can information be found on this?

Does anyone know where I can find sample code on how to pull the unique sf.com ID from an account, contact, or lead to complete our automatic updating? We are trying to automate our data loading process, but we would like to see how other people have coded this part. I am open to seeing any examples anyone has at this point.

Sincerely,

Jen

My company wanted me to provide them with some information regarding the security between servers when transferring data between our servers with the sforce loader into the sf.com servers. We have some sensitive data that is transferring. Where could I find this documentation?

Sincerely,

Jen

I am an admin asking this on behalf of a new developer I am working with.

Can we replicate our original sf.com custom environment within our Sforce developer account? We would rather practice there than on the original data.

Also, if this is possible, where can information be found on this?
Hi,

I was just wondering if its possible to extract all custom objects structures for backup purposes? And how do i go about doing it
  • October 05, 2005

Hey Everyone,

I would like to create a calculating field that takes a full name field and breaks it up into First and Last Names (2 calc fields, first_name, last_name). I'm not sure if this is possible given the current set of functions provided in salesforce. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

• August 09, 2005

Does anyone know where I can find sample code on how to pull the unique sf.com ID from an account, contact, or lead to complete our automatic updating? We are trying to automate our data loading process, but we would like to see how other people have coded this part. I am open to seeing any examples anyone has at this point.

Sincerely,

Jen