• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Whats up with the fields that are like  "Claims __c" whatsup with the "__c" i was reading it meant custom. Yet i cannot query the Custom ones..which is definatly a problem. Is there a special way to query the __C ones?  When i try to it doesnt even show up under the connection.

I need to Query data from sales force from numerous different parts... Example    from accounts, contacts, etc.   Therefor I need to run different statements each time to do this. (Unless theres another way)

What ive been doing is running numerous different Querys to retrieve the data.

However my problem is, If i query say 10, I will get a select list of information. yet if i query say, 50. I get a different list of information. This is definatly a problem as I am querying from different spots putting it all together. IM getting data from different clients Mixed up.  Like if i queried 10. id get like

Bob, smith, john, frank, susie.etc

while if i did 50 id get like,

Todd, bob, Sarah, Lizzy, Smith

It makes no sense, and I was just fiddling around with Sforce Explorere and it does the exact same thing..hellp.

When I use the Sforce Explorer I  can see my data is in different sections.  as in Select INFO from PLACE1.  However, when I use the way the QuerySample is setup its only effecient for one  Select - From  statement.  I was wondering how other people have made effecient use of selecting infro from different parts.

I was wondering what the vb.net people do to get different information using a bunch of different select cases, to hit Sforce. whats the most effecient way of doing this?

I mean, I have been searching the past couple days I have yet to find any real useful VB.net information. All the good info is in C#.  All I need to be able to do is Query then Insert into a local database. It does sound fairly easy, however I cannot find any good info on this. All the samples are writtein in C# on here. Please help.

Chris

Hello,

I was wondering what is the easiest way to transfer Query results to a datagrid then from there I will eventually be transfering to a datawarehouse.

thanks, chris

In my current project I need to be able to take infrormation from our database on Sforce and retrieve it and store it in a database locally here. My question is how do i do so? I need to bring back about 135 fields and store into a database. Would I retrieve or query? Also what code allows me to do this..

Thanks. You people are very helpful.

Im just starting to use the developer tools to startup and I have the sample available for the .net application (writing in vb.net)  So, im attempting to login and it will not go through I get this error:

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server., p
lease try again."

Everytime I get that, and when i netstat in my command prompt It doesnt show any information going out. I just started this  project and so far lost on the login.(the building block on this whole project)

Whats up with the fields that are like  "Claims __c" whatsup with the "__c" i was reading it meant custom. Yet i cannot query the Custom ones..which is definatly a problem. Is there a special way to query the __C ones?  When i try to it doesnt even show up under the connection.

I need to Query data from sales force from numerous different parts... Example    from accounts, contacts, etc.   Therefor I need to run different statements each time to do this. (Unless theres another way)

What ive been doing is running numerous different Querys to retrieve the data.

However my problem is, If i query say 10, I will get a select list of information. yet if i query say, 50. I get a different list of information. This is definatly a problem as I am querying from different spots putting it all together. IM getting data from different clients Mixed up.  Like if i queried 10. id get like

Bob, smith, john, frank, susie.etc

while if i did 50 id get like,

Todd, bob, Sarah, Lizzy, Smith

It makes no sense, and I was just fiddling around with Sforce Explorere and it does the exact same thing..hellp.

I mean, I have been searching the past couple days I have yet to find any real useful VB.net information. All the good info is in C#.  All I need to be able to do is Query then Insert into a local database. It does sound fairly easy, however I cannot find any good info on this. All the samples are writtein in C# on here. Please help.

Chris

In my current project I need to be able to take infrormation from our database on Sforce and retrieve it and store it in a database locally here. My question is how do i do so? I need to bring back about 135 fields and store into a database. Would I retrieve or query? Also what code allows me to do this..

Thanks. You people are very helpful.

Im just starting to use the developer tools to startup and I have the sample available for the .net application (writing in vb.net)  So, im attempting to login and it will not go through I get this error:

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server., p
lease try again."

Everytime I get that, and when i netstat in my command prompt It doesnt show any information going out. I just started this  project and so far lost on the login.(the building block on this whole project)