• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I just setup email to case and can open cases just fine.  I have an auto-resposne rule that notifies the contact of their case ID.  The problem is that when I send a reply email with the case ID in the subject line of the email the Email to Case app is creating a new case instead of attaching to an existing case.  Does anyone know what the algorithm is for associating an email to a case?  SF.com support was confused and had me try a bunch of additional fields in the subject and body of the email (Case Number, Case ID, Reference ID) but nothing seems to work.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Mark
I just setup email to case and can open cases just fine.  I have an auto-resposne rule that notifies the contact of their case ID.  The problem is that when I send a reply email with the case ID in the subject line of the email the Email to Case app is creating a new case instead of attaching to an existing case.  Does anyone know what the algorithm is for associating an email to a case?  SF.com support was confused and had me try a bunch of additional fields in the subject and body of the email (Case Number, Case ID, Reference ID) but nothing seems to work.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Mark
Our department does not wish to reveal the email addresses of support agents because they do not want a client to be able to contact an agent directly (clogs down some agents while frees up others). However, when an email template is sent out the from field is auto populated by the agents email. How do I set up an email template so that the from address in an email reads clientservices@ourcompany.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!