• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi... the App we're developing for SF integration with our third-party software hinges on a Home Page Component which displays in the left sidebar on the Home page, and also on every tab.

We have accomplished this by using a "hidden" inline frame to hold the Custom S-Control in the Home Page Component, and then we use the setting that allows Home Page Components to appear on every tab.

My question is how do we package these settings into an App? Is it possible to 1) Insert the Home Page Component into the customer's Home Page, and 2) Change his/her settings to display said Home Page Component on every tab?

If not - how do other app designers get around not being able to "install" certain components? Do you just release an intallation how-to and hope your customers are all advanced users? :-/

Thanks,
-Nathan
Hello,

We're developing a small App for the AppExchange which will enable our third-party software to interact with the SF API. We have it working fine in our developer account, but when we deployed it via AppExchange to our organization's SF for beta testing, we found that the Professional accounts do not allow API access. (we use the API via Ajax within a Custom S-Control, and also via the external Partner WSDL from our own web servers). A majority of our customers are likely to have Professional accounts with Salesforce. My question is, what API access is allowed for Professional users?

Do we really have to tell our customers they have to upgrade to a prohibitively expensive Enterprise account just to use our little integration App? Why would there be so much developer focus on Ajax and other API-access platforms if a majority of the SalesForce customers are unable to run such apps?

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation on the different licensing types and exactly what scripting/applications are allowed for each? Thanks.
-Nathan
Hi... the App we're developing for SF integration with our third-party software hinges on a Home Page Component which displays in the left sidebar on the Home page, and also on every tab.

We have accomplished this by using a "hidden" inline frame to hold the Custom S-Control in the Home Page Component, and then we use the setting that allows Home Page Components to appear on every tab.

My question is how do we package these settings into an App? Is it possible to 1) Insert the Home Page Component into the customer's Home Page, and 2) Change his/her settings to display said Home Page Component on every tab?

If not - how do other app designers get around not being able to "install" certain components? Do you just release an intallation how-to and hope your customers are all advanced users? :-/

Thanks,
-Nathan
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have a database table in salesforce which is not accompanied by a tab and forms to edit it (a UI)? In other words, how can I set up a database table (an SObject) which can only be accessed or modified through the API, but which has read & write permissions for all users?

I ask because the app we're developing needs to store several rows of session data in salesforce for use in processing, but it would appear to be gibberish to users when viewed in the SObject's tab.

Thanks!
-Nathan
Hey all,

I have an Apex Code trigger which I would like to "launch" an S-Control when it executes. The S-Control really just contains a bit of JavaScript code, so my ultimate goal is to execute a snippet of JavaScript code when the Trigger runs. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
-Nathan

Thanks,
-Nathan
Hey all,

I have an Apex Code trigger which I would like to "launch" an S-Control when it executes. The S-Control really just contains a bit of JavaScript code, so my ultimate goal is to execute a snippet of JavaScript code when the Trigger runs. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
-Nathan