• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/SOFTWARE TRAINER

Would you like to align your values, interests and skills with your career by working for a nonprofit organization that is making the world a better place? Do you have two years of experience in technical support or training?  Do you have a good sense of how a CRM application can be utilized to improve business processes?  Do you have Salesforce.com or Sharepoint experience?

If so, then our Instructional Designer/Software Trainer position might be the job for you.  At Tides, our vision is a world of broadly shared economic opportunity, robust democratic processes and the opportunity to live in a healthy and sustainable environment where human rights are preserved and protected. Since 1976, Tides, located in the historic and beautiful Presidio National Park, has worked in partnership with forward-thinking philanthropists, foundations, activists, and organizations to make the world a better place. We work with people who confront issues like global warming, AIDS treatment and prevention, economic disparity, workers’ rights and much more.

Still interested?  It gets BETTER!  Our office is just a quick walk to the Beach, Crissy Field, and all the hot spots for lunch on Chestnut Street and the Marina District. Our employees are as diverse as they are fun to work with, making this a great place to learn while making new friends.  Plus, we provide medical (HMO), dental and vision benefits at no charge to you, and we offer a generous vacation and holiday package.  And there’s more:
o Free parking (rare in San Francisco!)
o Free downtown shuttle service from Embarcadero BART and Transbay Bus Terminal
o Birthday is a paid day off!
o Casual work environment
o On-site organic café (breakfast and lunch)
o Mission and values based organization with like-minded coworkers
o YMCA & pool next door
o Flexible work schedules (manager’s discretion)
o A 1,480 acre national park from the Pacific Ocean to the San Francisco Bay to explore on your lunch break or after work!
o Shower and Lockers in building

Summary of Responsibilities:
• Work with staff to formulate training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, business processes, or changes in procedures or services. 
• Deliver classroom courses and online instructor-led courses for Tides internal employees and Project staff.
• Translate complex concepts into effective end-user training.
• Contribute in the development of thorough, accurate, and user-friendly content to use within a blended training solution program.
• Develop communication plan for new implementations.
• Conduct training assessments and evaluation of training methods and curriculum.
• Report program progress on a regular basis.
• Provide technical support for Salesforce.com.
• Participate in discussions and planning for additional training needs to support Network-wide applications.
• Some travel may be required

Organizational Relationship: This position has a dual reporting role to the  Director of Software Solutions and the Orientation & Training Manager.  This individual will work closely with internal information technology staff and will interface with all Tides Center Internal staff as well as external Project staff.

Summary of Qualifications:The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years professional experience in technical support and/or training.  Experience in a nonprofit preferred and Salesforce.com and Sharepoint expertise a definite plus.  The candidate should also have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.  Other distinguishing traits include time management, ability to multitask, and propensity for handling interruptions with poise and professionalism.

Salary Range:  $51,000-$61,000

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:  Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered.  Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT AN ORGANIZATION LIKE TIDES AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION.  In addition, please include your salary requirements.  Please forward this information to HRJOB@tides.org.

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:  Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS Related Conditions (ARC).

APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES:  Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please provide in writing of any special needs at the time of application.

Message Edited by JShaff on 01-10-2008 11:08 AM
  • January 10, 2008

Is there a way to change the Finish button default on a VWF run from a custom button URL that's not referencing a VFP?  Basically I have a simple flow that starts with a button click from a detail page, which opens a new browser window and shows some data along with the standard VWF Finish button. 

What I'd like is for finish to close the window, not restart the workflow.

Hi, I've been wanting to make an s-control with the exact same look and feel as the standard lookup dialog in SF. I've manage to make this however, I can't find a way to pass the value to the custom field once the user clicks on the anchor, this is the anchor.:

html.push("<a class=\"dataCell\" onclick=\"top.window.opener.lookupPick('null','CF00N700000028MtX_lkid','CF00N700000028MtX','','"+record_id.substring(0,15)+"','"+record.Name+"','','');setParentField("+record.Name+");window.close();\" href=\"#\">"+record.Name+"</a>");

this is the original anchor code:

<a class="dataCell" onclick="top.window.opener.lookupPick('null','CF00N700000028MtX_lkid','CF00N700000028MtX','','a0DT0000000UNoE','A-2378','','')" href="#">A-2378</a>

I noticed this is written inside a form that I can use, but I'm not sure what to change in the action attribute.
<form id="new" onsubmit="if (window.ffInAlert) { return false; }" name="new" method="get" action="/_ui/common/data/LookupResultsFrame">

any help will greatly be appreciated,thanks.

I am trying to build a custom field to be used in mail merge and am having problems with Salutation.

If Salutation field is populated I would like a space following the Salutation. If Salutation is empty then no space.

So why does this work:

IF(ISPICKVAL( Salutation , ""), "", "Mr,Mrs etc" & " " )
& FirstName & " "
&LastName

Mr,Mrs etc George BushTony Blair

But this:

IF(ISPICKVAL( Salutation , ""), "", Salutation & " " )
& FirstName & " "
&LastName

results in: Error: Field Salutation is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead.