• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am running Vista with Outlook 2007, and Outlook Edition 3.2.  When I create a new contact in Outlook and then try to mark for sync with sforce, I get the following message.   This record cannot be marked for sync because the association is invalid.  If I try to associate the contact, I get an opportunity to "quick create" the contact and then am prompted to re-enter the data.  Not good!

I went back to an XP computer with Outlook 2003 and Outlook Edition 2.  I created a new contact, marked it for sync.  Upon sync, a new contact was correctly created in Sforce with no questions, issues or additional data entry.  This is perfect.

Version 3 is just not getting it.  Does anyone have any ideas about this??  Anyone??

Well, it's official.  I reported this issue to tech support.  They told me that it should work.  I then got elevated up to Tier II support.  Here is their response: 

Unfortunately, with Outlook Edition 3 it is required to quick create and associate contacts before syncing them with Salesforce. This function was changed from Outlook Edition 2 to avoid duplicate records in Salesforce. If you would like to report this as a feature request, I encourage you to visit the IdeaExchange where you can submit your ideas for product enhancements to our produce managers and developers. The IdeaExchange can be found at http://ideas.salesforce.com.

I think this is a huge issue and a flaw in the way Outlook Edition 3 is designed.  I never had an issue with duplicate contacts.  Is there a 3rd party app that provides this remaining piece of the integration puzzle?  Is that the goal here...to sell me something else?

Apparently when someone makes a truly dumb decision in product design, it takes a popularity contest to get the issue addressed. Please go here and click promote.  Be sure to add your comments: Please click here and promote my idea that true integration is needed for this to return to a functional product.

At some point, more people will be converting to Outlook 2007 and Outlook Edition 3 and they will be pissed that this hasn't been addressed.

Message Edited by RDHarris on 09-26-200705:46 AM

I am running Vista with Outlook 2007, and Outlook Edition 3.2.  When I create a new contact in Outlook and then try to mark for sync with sforce, I get the following message.   This record cannot be marked for sync because the association is invalid.  If I try to associate the contact, I get an opportunity to "quick create" the contact and then am prompted to re-enter the data.  Not good!

I went back to an XP computer with Outlook 2003 and Outlook Edition 2.  I created a new contact, marked it for sync.  Upon sync, a new contact was correctly created in Sforce with no questions, issues or additional data entry.  This is perfect.

Version 3 is just not getting it.  Does anyone have any ideas about this??  Anyone??

Well, it's official.  I reported this issue to tech support.  They told me that it should work.  I then got elevated up to Tier II support.  Here is their response: 

Unfortunately, with Outlook Edition 3 it is required to quick create and associate contacts before syncing them with Salesforce. This function was changed from Outlook Edition 2 to avoid duplicate records in Salesforce. If you would like to report this as a feature request, I encourage you to visit the IdeaExchange where you can submit your ideas for product enhancements to our produce managers and developers. The IdeaExchange can be found at http://ideas.salesforce.com.

I think this is a huge issue and a flaw in the way Outlook Edition 3 is designed.  I never had an issue with duplicate contacts.  Is there a 3rd party app that provides this remaining piece of the integration puzzle?  Is that the goal here...to sell me something else?

Apparently when someone makes a truly dumb decision in product design, it takes a popularity contest to get the issue addressed. Please go here and click promote.  Be sure to add your comments: Please click here and promote my idea that true integration is needed for this to return to a functional product.

At some point, more people will be converting to Outlook 2007 and Outlook Edition 3 and they will be pissed that this hasn't been addressed.

When I sync from Outlook 2007 (Vista) with 3.2, it crashes during the match score phase after about 40 records.  Any thoughts?  (Works fine in Windows XP Outlook 2003)