• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi --

I have created and uploaded a custom application/package consisting of s-controls, custom objects, additional fields for standard objects, etc.  Is there any way to export all of this data into a file external to SalesForce for archiving or source management purposes?  The file would contain any and all additions to the base SalesForce product that the application contains.

Thanks!

• August 28, 2008
Hi --

I was wondering if there were any salesforce-enforced limitations on the HttpRequest object with regard to:

(1) Number of concurrent requests active at any one time for a customer.
(2) Ability to set wait timeout length; also, how to do this if it's possible.

As a user of the AJAX proxy, I was limited in that I could not set a longer timeout than the default.  Therefore, I had web services that I could not call because they took too long to return.

Thanks for your help!

• August 09, 2008
Hi --

I have a managed beta package that contains custom objects with insert and delete triggers.  Downloaders of my managed beta package do not see the triggers.  They do not operate.

What gives?  How can you package triggers (on custom objects)?

Thanks!

• November 14, 2007
Can you package remote site entries?  If so, how?

Thanks!

• October 28, 2007
Hello -- Is there any way to package data rows in an application?  We have created a custom object (and tab) for application configuration.  We create one instance in the SalesForce GUI and store login information and other data needed for our application to work. 

Can we not only package up the custom object, but also the 1 or 2 instances we create as data?

Thanks for your help!

• August 22, 2007
I am calling a SOAP-based web service using the AJAX proxy.  If I send an improperly formatted request, I get XML data back from the end-point web service and the onFailure() function displays it.  However, if I format a good request, the onSuccess() function fires correctly, but no data is displayed. 

This code works outside of SalesForce if I directly invoke the web service with a non-proxy-based AJAX call.

To summarize, the "response" object has my xml data when onFailure() fires, but it is empty when onSuccess() fires.

My invocation code:
    function getDataWithProxy() {

sforce.connection.remoteFunction(
        {
            url: theURL,
            requestHeaders: {"Content-Type": "text/xml"},
            requestData: document.f1.requestTA.value,
            method: "POST",
            mimeType: "text/xml",
            async: true,
            onSuccess: function(response) {
                alert("Success: " + response);
            },
            onFailure: function(response) {
                alert("Failed: " + response);
            }
        }
        );
    }
Can anyone tell me why onFailure returns data, but onSuccess does not?
The underlying code works outside of SalesForce.  
In other words, data does come back for both cases outside of SalesForce.
Thanks!

• August 14, 2007
Hi --

I have created and uploaded a custom application/package consisting of s-controls, custom objects, additional fields for standard objects, etc.  Is there any way to export all of this data into a file external to SalesForce for archiving or source management purposes?  The file would contain any and all additions to the base SalesForce product that the application contains.

Thanks!

• August 28, 2008
Hi --

I was wondering if there were any salesforce-enforced limitations on the HttpRequest object with regard to:

(1) Number of concurrent requests active at any one time for a customer.
(2) Ability to set wait timeout length; also, how to do this if it's possible.

As a user of the AJAX proxy, I was limited in that I could not set a longer timeout than the default.  Therefore, I had web services that I could not call because they took too long to return.

Thanks for your help!

• August 09, 2008
Hi --

I have a managed beta package that contains custom objects with insert and delete triggers.  Downloaders of my managed beta package do not see the triggers.  They do not operate.

What gives?  How can you package triggers (on custom objects)?

Thanks!

• November 14, 2007
Hello -- Is there any way to package data rows in an application?  We have created a custom object (and tab) for application configuration.  We create one instance in the SalesForce GUI and store login information and other data needed for our application to work. 

Can we not only package up the custom object, but also the 1 or 2 instances we create as data?

Thanks for your help!

• August 22, 2007
I am calling a SOAP-based web service using the AJAX proxy.  If I send an improperly formatted request, I get XML data back from the end-point web service and the onFailure() function displays it.  However, if I format a good request, the onSuccess() function fires correctly, but no data is displayed. 

This code works outside of SalesForce if I directly invoke the web service with a non-proxy-based AJAX call.

To summarize, the "response" object has my xml data when onFailure() fires, but it is empty when onSuccess() fires.

My invocation code:
    function getDataWithProxy() {

sforce.connection.remoteFunction(
        {
            url: theURL,
            requestHeaders: {"Content-Type": "text/xml"},
            requestData: document.f1.requestTA.value,
            method: "POST",
            mimeType: "text/xml",
            async: true,
            onSuccess: function(response) {
                alert("Success: " + response);
            },
            onFailure: function(response) {
                alert("Failed: " + response);
            }
        }
        );
    }
Can anyone tell me why onFailure returns data, but onSuccess does not?
The underlying code works outside of SalesForce.  
In other words, data does come back for both cases outside of SalesForce.
Thanks!

• August 14, 2007