• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do this and could explain how they got around the 5k limit in formulas.  What I'm trying to do is build a formula based on Country in Accounts and Contacts to determine the region.  I keep running into the issue of too many characters in the formula.  I tried making multiple formula fields, but have found once you compile into one field it considers characters from all formula fields when making this character count. 

Any suggestions??

Cheryl

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a roll up summary field that can appear in the search view of how many contacts an account has.  Our data quality is lacking right now and while its being fixed I'm trying to find a way to help people know which account to use.  I have gotten feedback on using account teams (we already use this), but if they dont know which account to add themselves to, then it doesn't really work.

What we thought we could do is create a roll up summary betwen accounts and contacts and tell them to choose the account that has the most contacts and that will become the surviving account during the merge.

I can't seem to figure out how to create this roll up summary since it doesn't seem to be out of the box, anyone have any suggestions or a starting point for me?

Thanks,

Cheryl

When I try to install the application into my sandbox, this is the error I get:

Your requested download failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels.

I contacted salesforce and they said the salesforce labs applications are not supported by them and they only place they are supported are here, so I'm hoping someone can help.

The link to the application is here:

Please contact me with any suggestions/fixes.

Regards,

Cheryl
Hello everyone.  I'm hoping someone can help me with a custom formula.  We are a radiology practice and we track referring physicians and the number of referrals they give us.  When I go to my account (we call it the practice) page, I can see all the physicians (contacts) who work for that account.  I can also see how many referrals they have given us this year and last year.  Many of these practices have more than one physician working there and I'd like to have a custom box at the bottom of the contacts section on the account page that gives me a total for all of the physicians in that group.  So if three doctors are there with 10 referrals, 5 referrals and 2 referrals this year, I'd like the total box to tell me 17.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating something like this?  Can it even be done?

My second question is we install a webpage on their office computers that gives them access to our system online.  On the account page it says "On Network" and then the choice is yes or no.  It's easier to choose yes for the account instead of for the individual doctor due to the number of doctors in each practice.  However, I'm curious to see if there is a way I can put the same yes/no box on each doctors page and use an = type statement.  So if West Valley Foot and Ankle are on the network (YES) and then Dr. Jones who works for them gets a "YES" put in a field in his contact because it's a YES for the account he is associated with.

If anyone can give me some suggestions on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.  I'm still learning about Salesforce and I don't understand all the custom scripts, etc.

If you have additional questions, you can email me at jrodeman@valleyradiologists.com.  Thanks for the help everyone.

JOhn
I'm trying to create an email notification to notify the QA manager when someone outside of the QA queue modifies the status of a case currently in QA.  I can't modify profiles to address this issue because these people may need to modify the case when it is in their own queue.  I tried the following based on the suggested validation rules but keep getting an error.  I currently have only one user ID but would acually have 3 who would be able to move the status w/o it sending the notification.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

AND ( 

ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,

OR ( 

ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE ( Status ) , "03- In QA" ),

ISPICKVAL ( PRIORVALUE (Status ), "08- In QA for Testing on Production" )),

$User.Id  <> "00530000000zqkw"

)

I also tried

AND ( 
   ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,
   OR ( 
         ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE ( Status ) , "03- In QA" ),
         ISPICKVAL ( PRIORVALUE (Status ), "08- In QA for Testing on Production" )),
  NOT ( $User.Id = "00530000000zqkw" )

I don't know if this is possible or not....

I would like to be able to run a Pipeline Report for our FY07.  For those months that have passed, I would like to pull the amount in our "Total Revenue (act)" field (this populates from our accounting system.  If the opportunity is for a future month, I would like to pull the data from the Estimated Revenue field.

I took a shot at creating a field, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!