• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know how to return a null value validation rule against a picklist? As you can see below, the offer_declined__c field is a picklist datatype. I want to make sure that if the user selects 7c - Candidate Withdrew event type the offer declined field must be blank

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Event_Type__c , "7c - Candidate Withdrew"),
NOT ISNULL(Offer_Declined__C ))
I am trying to upload mass attachments to existing records in salesforce. What does the last ID represent in the body field ? This is sample record in the Apex dataloader .pdf user guide. What is this ID supposed to be? "00P30000000flztEAA " in the body field?
ParentId,          Name,               IsPrivate, OwnerId,  Body
701300000000iNIAAY,Customer Letter.pdf,0,00530000000dfAPAAY,C:\WES\Attachments\00P30000000flztEAA

Where can I find validation rules that were created in Salesforce front end in Eclipse. I have built several APEX triggers and I want to call one of the validation rules from the APEX class.

Message Edited by dlcsfadmin on 04-19-2008 01:50 PM
Hey guys,

I know we can hide certain standard fields from page layouts. However, how can you do this for standard fields that are bold. I am trying to hide the "Time" field from the event layout but it says that this can not be removed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian
I am about to create my first APEX trigger but when I go into Setup>Activities>Event Trigger, I do not see a new button so i can write my classes.  I see it in my developer account but not production. Do i need to set something up?

Message Edited by dlcsfadmin on 04-08-2008 05:47 PM
Does anyone know how to return a null value validation rule against a picklist? As you can see below, the offer_declined__c field is a picklist datatype. I want to make sure that if the user selects 7c - Candidate Withdrew event type the offer declined field must be blank

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Event_Type__c , "7c - Candidate Withdrew"),
NOT ISNULL(Offer_Declined__C ))
I am trying to upload mass attachments to existing records in salesforce. What does the last ID represent in the body field ? This is sample record in the Apex dataloader .pdf user guide. What is this ID supposed to be? "00P30000000flztEAA " in the body field?
ParentId,          Name,               IsPrivate, OwnerId,  Body
701300000000iNIAAY,Customer Letter.pdf,0,00530000000dfAPAAY,C:\WES\Attachments\00P30000000flztEAA

We are a group of seasoned force.com experts and are offering tips and tricks training (mini-camps) to developers/administrators on specific hurdles which Salesforce seems to lack enough documentation on.  We have managed applications on the AppExchange and have been working with salesforce.com for over 2 years now.

Some of the areas include:
1) Deploying and working with Apex Code
2) S-controls
3) Visualforce tips and tricks
4) Managed Apps and deployment
5) Salesforce setup and customization

We will tailor your session to what area of the force.com platform you are interested in becoming more intimately familiar with.  This will be done over web conferencing software and can be a great economic way to speed up the learning process of any business looking to accelerate their development life cycle.  We have spent the time tediously exploring the various technologies and found easy ways to get them up and running so you don't have to.  Mini Camps are now forming so please respond if interested...

Thanks