• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have the following validation code:

ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Pending")

How to make this applicable ONLY if the created date is not today, or if the modifying user is a connection user (salesforce to salesforce user)?? Is this even possible on Group Edition??

I am trying to find a way to have the following validation run ONLY if the created date is not today, or if a connection user (salesforce to salesforce) is making the update:

ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Pending")

We have a picklist "status", and I want an error to display forcing the user to change the status from "Pending" unless the record was created today, or if a Connection user is trying to modify the record. Is this possible???

Thank you in advance for your assistance... my programming of IF/ELSE is a little out of date :(

Hello! Sorry, I am new to sf.com and am just getting the hang of things. I have created a ton of reports already, yes mostly simple, but here is a problem I am running into.

I need to make a report, that simply shows in one column the Account Name, and the next column the number of contacts for that account. So for example, if Company XYZ has a CFO, CEO, and CIO listed as contacts, I want a report that I can export to Excell that shows Column A as the Account name, and Column B the Total number of contacts to that account.

Column A            |   Column B
----------------------|-----------------
Company XYZ                3

Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone tell me an easy way to get the total accounts? When I have run it before, when it shows on SF.com it shows EXACTLY what I want, but when I export to Excel, all I get is the Account names. It does not show like Company XYZ (3 records) on the spreadsheet, it only shows Company XYZ. Basically I simply want the (3 records) to show in a seperate column! I can't figure it out!!!
Hello! Sorry, I am new to sf.com and am just getting the hang of things. I have created a ton of reports already, yes mostly simple, but here is a problem I am running into.

I need to make a report, that simply shows in one column the Account Name, and the next column the number of contacts for that account. So for example, if Company XYZ has a CFO, CEO, and CIO listed as contacts, I want a report that I can export to Excell that shows Column A as the Account name, and Column B the Total number of contacts to that account.

Column A            |   Column B
----------------------|-----------------
Company XYZ                3

Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone tell me an easy way to get the total accounts? When I have run it before, when it shows on SF.com it shows EXACTLY what I want, but when I export to Excel, all I get is the Account names. It does not show like Company XYZ (3 records) on the spreadsheet, it only shows Company XYZ. Basically I simply want the (3 records) to show in a seperate column! I can't figure it out!!!