• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Do you know anyone that wants to go to Dreamforce but hasn't registered? We have a full pass that won't be used.

We could transfer the name before 11/15.

• November 13, 2013
I created a controller to get all the rows of a custom object.

I would like to loop through this data using Javascript on my VisualForce page.
I tried it using {!customobject} where customobject is a getter on my controller.
However, it only displays the object ids of these rows. Do you know how I could access the other fields
for those rows?

Thanks in advance.

• September 26, 2008
Hi there. I'm trying to create a page in VisualForce that would simulate what a Crystal Reports would do.
One thing I'm still researching is how I could group the rows in a data table based on a field in that data table.
Is this possible in VF?

Let's say one of the fields in the datatable is "period". I want to display all the rows with period value of 1,
so I could show the total amount (another field in the datatable) of the  rows in a footer.
Then I want to do the same thing for period 2.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• September 26, 2008
Hi there, I'm trying to create a page with field selections coming from different tables.

On one page an end-user needs to select a customer/account from a drop-down list coming from Account or a custom table. There is another field, "contact" that should display a drop-down list of all contacts for that account and the end-user should select only one contact. I need to do the same thing for addresses.

Do you know how this can be done in Visual Force? Could I use "select" statement for the contact field based on the value of the customer field?

I will be needing at least 5 lookups from different custom tables in one page and I'm hoping this is possible in visual force. I appreciate any information you could provide. Thanks in advance.

• August 19, 2008

Do you know anyone that wants to go to Dreamforce but hasn't registered? We have a full pass that won't be used.

We could transfer the name before 11/15.

• November 13, 2013
I created a controller to get all the rows of a custom object.

I would like to loop through this data using Javascript on my VisualForce page.
I tried it using {!customobject} where customobject is a getter on my controller.
However, it only displays the object ids of these rows. Do you know how I could access the other fields
for those rows?

Thanks in advance.

• September 26, 2008
Hi there, I'm trying to create a page with field selections coming from different tables.

On one page an end-user needs to select a customer/account from a drop-down list coming from Account or a custom table. There is another field, "contact" that should display a drop-down list of all contacts for that account and the end-user should select only one contact. I need to do the same thing for addresses.

Do you know how this can be done in Visual Force? Could I use "select" statement for the contact field based on the value of the customer field?

I will be needing at least 5 lookups from different custom tables in one page and I'm hoping this is possible in visual force. I appreciate any information you could provide. Thanks in advance.

• August 19, 2008
Using a custom controller, I am selecting id, name, etc from Account where id = current page's accountid.  That seems to be working fine.

Next, I need to list all of the Contacts for the account in a drop-down list on my Apex page.  Once a user selects a Contact, I need to capture and store the contactid.

This is the error message I keep getting:  Compile Error: Constructor not defined: [System.SelectOption].<Constructor>(Id) at line 18 column 29

Here's my class code.  What am I doing wrong?  I lifted this from an example shown at http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=2344.

Code:
public class comboOppController {

public Account getAccount() {
        return [select id, Name, Phone from Account
        where id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
    }

public String selectedContact {get;set;}

public List<SelectOption> contactList;

public List<SelectOption> getContact () {
        if (contactList == null) {
            List<Contact> contactee = [select id, name, contact.accountid from Contact where contact.accountid = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];

contactList = new List<SelectOption>();
        for (Contact c : contactee) {
            contactList.add(new SelectOption(c.id));
        }
    }
    return contactList;
    }

}