• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Is there a way to lock a field once a user populates it?  We have a date field that we use for forecasting, and once a rep commits a date to that field, we want to lock it from being "adjusted"...is that possible?

Thanks!

Alex

• February 09, 2011

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone could help me here...

I'm trying to write a validation rule that flags a custom picklist field (Primary Win Reason) to be populated once the stage reaches a Win level (we have a "unusual" naming convention, and have 2 types of wins - outlined below).  Here's what I wrote:

AND (
OR (
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7.0 Transition - Win"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7.0 Transition - Win with Exception")),
ISBLANK( PrimaryWinReason__c )

Problem is, I get the following error:

Error: Field PrimaryWinReason__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. Tell me more

Help please?!?

• December 21, 2010

Hi All,

Is there a way to lock a field once a user populates it?  We have a date field that we use for forecasting, and once a rep commits a date to that field, we want to lock it from being "adjusted"...is that possible?

Thanks!

Alex

• February 09, 2011

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone could help me here...

I'm trying to write a validation rule that flags a custom picklist field (Primary Win Reason) to be populated once the stage reaches a Win level (we have a "unusual" naming convention, and have 2 types of wins - outlined below).  Here's what I wrote:

AND (
OR (
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7.0 Transition - Win"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7.0 Transition - Win with Exception")),
ISBLANK( PrimaryWinReason__c )

Problem is, I get the following error:

Error: Field PrimaryWinReason__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. Tell me more

Help please?!?

• December 21, 2010