• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I finally got around to starting development in Sandbox of using APEX + Controllers + VF to manipulate CRM Content objects but I immediately ran into a roadblock where perhaps you can help:

1. Force.com IDE is at V16.0 because SFDC chose not to release a version 17 IDE; we apparently have to wait until Spring 10 (Version 18).    
  2. Because of this, the Schema that shows in Eclipse IDE is only V16.0 objects and thus excludes the CRM Content objects.
  3. Therefore, I can’t develop any code to use the CRM Content objects because the Schema isn’t aware of them.
  4. I tried changing the package.xml to <version> tag from <version>16.0</version>
    to <vesion>17.0</version> but this made no difference.
  5. Is there some other trick I am missing here?  Or must I wait until Spring 10?  (using the WSAPI is not an answer here)

Thanks

Eric

I've reached a point that the more I read it seems the less I know what to do next.  My introduction to SF was the tutorials and the 4-day Admin training.  I now have a plan for our processes, but I've come to realize that there are certain sequencings required in order for you customizations to work. 

I just need to clearly see a logical sequence of steps. I have my processes for donation pipeline flow from leads, to opportunities, to accounts.  I need to clearly see what the SF protocols so I can do it right the first time.  I’m a good learning and would appreciate assistance. 

Here's where I am:   I created an object Donation History (donation details) and Payment History (record of payment to a donation) object.  The Donation History appears as a Relate List on the Account page, and the Payment History data appears when you drill down on a donation.  Now, I want to build a custom field on the Account page that will display the total of all donations to-date for this partner.  I find out that there is a master detail relationship that should have been established earlier in the process to enable roll-up or cross over functions. 

Thanks, JMR4HOPE

I finally got around to starting development in Sandbox of using APEX + Controllers + VF to manipulate CRM Content objects but I immediately ran into a roadblock where perhaps you can help:

1. Force.com IDE is at V16.0 because SFDC chose not to release a version 17 IDE; we apparently have to wait until Spring 10 (Version 18).    
  2. Because of this, the Schema that shows in Eclipse IDE is only V16.0 objects and thus excludes the CRM Content objects.
  3. Therefore, I can’t develop any code to use the CRM Content objects because the Schema isn’t aware of them.
  4. I tried changing the package.xml to <version> tag from <version>16.0</version>
    to <vesion>17.0</version> but this made no difference.
  5. Is there some other trick I am missing here?  Or must I wait until Spring 10?  (using the WSAPI is not an answer here)

Thanks

Eric