• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear Boardmembers,

I want to write an application that is able to make a connection with a SalesForce database.

I am reading the SF Api Developer docs and I am going through the walkthrough. The walkthrough tells me to create a developer account and download a WSDL from it.

I've created a Developer account and I've found Setup -> Developer -> API.

Then, when I click "Generate Enterprise WSDL", it gives me the following output:

Login to the Salesforce.com SOAP Api Describe an sObject Describe a number sObjects Describe the Global state Describe all the data category groups available for a given set of types Describe the data category group structures for a given set of pair of types and data category group name Describe the layout of an sObject Describe the layout of the SoftPhone Describe the tabs that appear on a users page Create a set of new sObjects Update a set of sObjects Update or insert a set of sObjects based on object id Merge and update a set of sObjects based on object id Delete a set of sObjects Undelete a set of sObjects Empty a set of sObjects from the recycle bin Get a set of sObjects Submit an entity to a workflow process or process a workitem convert a set of leads Logout the current user, invalidating the current session. Logs out and invalidates session ids Get the IDs for deleted sObjects Get the IDs for updated sObjects Create a Query Cursor Create a Query Cursor, including deleted sObjects Gets the next batch of sObjects from a query Search for sObjects Gets server timestamp Set a user's password Reset a user's password Returns standard information relevant to the current user Send outbound email Sforce SOAP API

Not sure what to do now. Can anybody give me some pointers so I can get started building apps for SF?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

• April 26, 2010