• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I'm trying to import data records into my SandBox  and while using Apex Data Loader to upload the records I previously created from the production account I receive the following error message: "error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password".

I'm using the credentials for the Sandbox account with the security tocken provided for my production account. Should I create a security tocken for the Sandbox as well?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tzuvy

• May 02, 2010

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to hide opportunities or accounts or other objects for a user with a specific profile or role based on field values on the particular object?

Thanks / Niklas

Hi there,

I'm trying to import data records into my SandBox  and while using Apex Data Loader to upload the records I previously created from the production account I receive the following error message: "error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password".

I'm using the credentials for the Sandbox account with the security tocken provided for my production account. Should I create a security tocken for the Sandbox as well?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tzuvy

• May 02, 2010

I'm following the steps from the "Installing and Configuring Constant Contact Infotransfer for Salesforce" guide.
Wwhen I get to the step that has me enter the Remote Site URL as https://:api.constantcontact.com I get an error message that says "unable to parse URI"  Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

I need to find a way to monitor / stop my users data exports. We work in a sales environment where staff could leave and take their customer list with them when joining a competitor. Currently salesforce has no way to allow me to track who has exported what and recover it. Does anyone have any recommendations of add ons from appexchange or other companies that I could look at? I have found a company called "Outprotect" which could fit the bill. All suggestions and comments welcomed.

Paul

Please forgive the naive question but aay I have Profile A - System Admins.... Profile B - System Admins.. How do I give Profile A the capability to perform full admin of Profile A and all it's users without also giving the capability to perform admin over profile B?

• April 23, 2010

I have been trying to get outlook to sync with my salesforce account, and it has been very frustrating.  Despite repeated attempts I get the error "Failed to log into Salesforce.com"

I have check my username and password probably 50x now to make sure I am not crazy.  Could it be in issue with a firewall or exchange?  How can I fix this?

• April 21, 2010

Has anyone else run across this problem?

I've logged into a sandbox, and attempt to log into it simultaneously with the Data Loader.  Initially, attempting to log in with Data Loader and failing three times (didn't set the login site to "cs1") caused me to lose access to the sandbox through the UI as well.  I figured it was just my mistake.

Subsequently, I've had the problem that after my Salesforce session times out, when I log back in the Data Loader won't take the username/password/token that worked previously, and that causes the sandbox to lock up.  I'm wondering if anyone else has been running across this.  At first it seemed like my own mistakes, but now I'm very careful and am still having troubles.

I'm wondering if the login procedures are just buggy, in addition to being complex and confusing.

Baird

Hi,

How many profiles can we add to a single user?

and

How many roles can we add to a single user?

This post is slightly similar to a previous post found here.  In particular I am concerned with the following quote

"Attachments will follow the same security as the parent record."

It seems as if activities fall in line with this same principle.  Does this mean that there is no way to allow users access to an account, but not access to the related attachments and tasks?  It's easy enough to lock down all of the other related (lists) items of an Account, but apparentley these fall through the cracks?

Can anyone verify that this is indeed the case and there are no workarounds.

What is the difference between the two?  We have the plug-in installed to nove emails to SF, but is the Email to SF a new feature?

Also, is there any way to 'cc' other people in Salesforce besides our company users when sending an email from SF?  When I want to copy another lead or contact it only allows me to select our organization's users.

Thanks...

• February 24, 2010