• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can anyone explain to me why a system administrator cannot create a campaign?

When I look at the "Standard Object Permissions" section of the system administrator profile for campaigns.  All the permission boxes are checked.  

So this is cause the following error when I try creating a campaign through the API:

Status Code: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have a workflow that I want to send an outbound message.  The issue that I have is that I don't want the workflow to be triggered or evaluate to true if the data was change by the API.  Is there a way to have the workflow recognize if the API was used or not?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can anyone explain to me why a system administrator cannot create a campaign?

When I look at the "Standard Object Permissions" section of the system administrator profile for campaigns.  All the permission boxes are checked.  

So this is cause the following error when I try creating a campaign through the API:

Status Code: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have a workflow that I want to send an outbound message.  The issue that I have is that I don't want the workflow to be triggered or evaluate to true if the data was change by the API.  Is there a way to have the workflow recognize if the API was used or not?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I am currently struggling a bit with creating an API integration. 

For this I'd like to do some updates to records, but without firing the triggers and workflows related to the updated object.

Currently I implemented the ugly workaround to add a criteria " Current User: Usernamenot equal to [user of API]", which works, but is ugly.

Does anybody see a more elegant way for this?

Thanks,

Kai