• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am evaluating the possibilities of contact management integration between Force.com organizations and third-party CMS and I would like to clarify a few points. If you could at least point me in the right direction, please let me know.

According to the documentation contact management (accounts and contacts) is available in all editions except Database.com. Is this information correct? The Service cloud edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_ServiceCloud_EdCompare.pdf does not mention contact management and the Force.com edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_Forcedotcom_EdCompare.pdf states that in One App edition accounts and contact are read-only.

Contact management objects in SalesForce and third-party CMS are very similar so I’m currently considering a composite application implementation where third-party CMS replicates accounts and contacts into Force.com organization via the integration API and the application provides a view of contact related data such as contact activities available via third-party CMS REST services.

After browsing through the ISV guide and Wiki articles, I came to the conclusion that this free composite managed application could be classified as a native managed application and consequently turned into an Aloha application with special permissions allowing it to run APEX code and access the integration API in Group and Professional editions. I’m also aware that Aloha applications require security review at regular intervals and that the process of granting special permissions is not automatic. However, as the application is freely available, the security review should be free of charge and it seems that request for special permissions could be rejected only in case the application does not meet the requirements in areas such as code coverage or security. Are these conclusions correct?

• October 21, 2011

I am evaluating the possibilities of contact management integration between Force.com organizations and third-party CMS and I would like to clarify a few points. If you could at least point me in the right direction, please let me know.

According to the documentation contact management (accounts and contacts) is available in all editions except Database.com. Is this information correct? The Service cloud edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_ServiceCloud_EdCompare.pdf does not mention contact management and the Force.com edition comparison available at http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_Forcedotcom_EdCompare.pdf states that in One App edition accounts and contact are read-only.

Contact management objects in SalesForce and third-party CMS are very similar so I’m currently considering a composite application implementation where third-party CMS replicates accounts and contacts into Force.com organization via the integration API and the application provides a view of contact related data such as contact activities available via third-party CMS REST services.

After browsing through the ISV guide and Wiki articles, I came to the conclusion that this free composite managed application could be classified as a native managed application and consequently turned into an Aloha application with special permissions allowing it to run APEX code and access the integration API in Group and Professional editions. I’m also aware that Aloha applications require security review at regular intervals and that the process of granting special permissions is not automatic. However, as the application is freely available, the security review should be free of charge and it seems that request for special permissions could be rejected only in case the application does not meet the requirements in areas such as code coverage or security. Are these conclusions correct?

• October 21, 2011