• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am trying to hook up the IDE to a professional org so I can capture schema changes prior to mothballing the org.  I have asked support to enable the metadata API and I believe this has been done.  Now the problem I am running into is the following error message when attempting to log into to the org with the IDE:

invalid_type: Cannot use: Apex Class in this organization

I'm pretty sure I see why this is happening since Prof orgs don't have customizable Apex, triggers, etc....  What I'm hoping is that I can somehow limit the scope of what the IDE is requesting from the API to only those objects and "items" that are appropriate for a Pro org.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Hello,

I am trying to hook up the IDE to a professional org so I can capture schema changes prior to mothballing the org.  I have asked support to enable the metadata API and I believe this has been done.  Now the problem I am running into is the following error message when attempting to log into to the org with the IDE:

invalid_type: Cannot use: Apex Class in this organization

I'm pretty sure I see why this is happening since Prof orgs don't have customizable Apex, triggers, etc....  What I'm hoping is that I can somehow limit the scope of what the IDE is requesting from the API to only those objects and "items" that are appropriate for a Pro org.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.